Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    how Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Partition Magic
    Is it possible to move executable files (programs) from one partition to another? I am running Partition Magic Ver. 8

Thanks in advance
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 1, 2006, 11:39 AM
    As most program file's locations are referenced in the system registry I would not recommend that you try moving the files. Instead I would advocate un-installing the programs and re-installing to the new location. This will ensure that the proper registry entries are created.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 1, 2006, 12:11 PM
    PM has a utility called App Mover, which will move the files and adjust the registry entries. However, its probably safer and surer to uninstall and reinstall.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 1, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Thanks for the info Scott! I haven't really used PM so I wasn't aware of that feature ( spread rep feature doesn't seem to time out ever) :)
    how Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2006, 04:59 PM
    Thanks a lot Stu & Scott for the very useful information. I will try un-insalling & re-installing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Partition or not? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maxtor hard drive with 41 GB of free space and 16GB of used space.It never really differs from this. Should I compress the drive which is a option in the Properties folder for the drive or partition and if so how? Thanks

Partition for Mac & IBM [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to have an external USB 2.0 hard drive, that can be used on both mac and IBM systems. Would need to access the files from either OS. I have no idea about Mac at all, and don't know if Mac can read FAT or NTFS. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks :)

Partition question [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a ? About partitioning, I want to partition my new PC with out going through the steps of using my reformat disk, is there any way to do this without going through this process? I don't want all my stuff just c drive only, any help with this matter would be gratefully appreciated, thxs...

Okay here is my partition magic info please help [ 1 Answers ]

here is my info from partitioin magic... and I don't know what I am reading any helkp I have the software and its got to be that the reason I only am able to use 6 gigs of my new 120 gig hard drive is the partitioning please let me know guys and thanks I will monitor this board all night thanks...

View more questions Search