Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arb15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Trying to install a Lutron Maestro Fan/Light dimmer switch with a CD52 ceiling fan
    Hey everyone,

I'm trying to find the wiring diagram for my ceiling fan but I'm not having any luck, best I could find is this forum.

I've got the lutron MA-LFQ-3 kit which has a fan control canopy module and a master/slave light/fan dimming combo.

I have the fan apart and it has a molex connector connection with quite a few wires coming through:

Red (goes to cap)
    White (neutral)
    Black (goes to fan speed switch)
    Blue (says for Light)
    Pink (goes to forward/reverse switch)
    Yellow (goes to forward/reverse switch)

The lutron control has:
    White (newtral)
    Black (switched from wall)
    Yellow (fan control)
    Red (light)

My question is pretty simple, how exactly should I connect to lutron module to the 6 wires in the fan?

White - white
    Red - blue
    Yellow - should this be red?
    Black - should this be the black from from the molex in the fan?

Thanks!
    arb15 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 11:05 PM

Did some more reading around the forum and figured out my problem, had to just step back to the wires coming into the top of the fan, the neutral, switched power and then the light/fan input. Up and running now.

Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 05:50 PM

Yeah you can't connect this to the molex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding a light kit to ceiling fan w/ light & dimmer switch [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to add a light kit to a ceiling fan(cannot find a name on it) that is currently hooked and working up in our family room - since we moved in 6 years ago (house was built in 1991). I would like this to operate like our bedroom ceiling fan (which already has a light attached) and...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan Bypass remote - so I can use lutron dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay 60" Brookendale fan which has a remote control. I would like to install this fan using a Lutron Mistro fan dimmer, which does not work with the remote control module. I called Home Depots support 1-877-527-0313 and they said they could not tell me how to bypass since it...

Lutron Maestro Controller - Hampton Bay Brookendale [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased a Lutron Maestro fan/light speed dimmer multi location system in order to have two-location hardwire control and no remote control/battery issues. I removed the Hampton Bay canopy control module and installed the Lutron canopy control module- the trouble is there are...

Lutron Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have just bought several of the Lutron Dimmer switch from Home Depot. One that has on/off along with a sliding dimmer. When the switch is in OFF position, it has has little led that lit up servicing as a locator in the dark. I'm simply just replacing these with an existing Leviton switch...

Trouble with ceiling fan on a dual fan/light dimmer switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and dual fan/light dimmer, also from Harbor Breeze. Unfortunately, now I'm scratching my head... Do I have a bad dimmer switch? Here's the problem: 1. The light will turn on only when the fan speed on the wall switch is set to high. 2. When...

View more questions Search