Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oussan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2006, 02:37 AM
    By born French citizenship
    Hiz :) ,

I would like to know if am eligible for a French citizenship where I was born in Paris France in 1977 by non French parents who were studying and working in France at the time of my birth then I departed France with them for our home country.
    What do I need to do? I have all my birth documents and I’m strength desirous for the French citizenship.

Thanks
    Oussan
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2006, 12:57 AM
    Just because you where born there and then departed France I don't think that makes you a citizen. I think you need to be living in the country for 7 years to get citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

US born, french mother (naturalized) [ 2 Answers ]

I am 38 years old, born in the US. My mother was born in France and came to the U.S. as adult in the 1960's. She became a U.S. citizen via naturalization (at least that is my understanding, she lived in the U.S. for the number of years required to become a citizen). I asked her if she gave...

View more questions Search