Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mflynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Filing by company name if individual trading as different name
    When filing alphabetically by company, and the name is John Doe trading as Doe Enterprises, where would you file it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 19, 2009, 09:17 AM

John Doe Trading would go under "J" (with a notation under the name for AS Doe Enterprises), but you would have to cross reference and make another file for Doe Enterprises (with a notation under the name AS John Trading Co )under "D".

Each should have its separate file because transactions would have to recorded separately anyway.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1 visa holder-Filing Tax Return for individual [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am working in US since 15'th SEP 2007 on L1 visa. I will be filing my tax returns for the first time this year. I will be staying in US till 16'th MAR 2008. When I landed here I had to fill-u W2 tax declaration form & hand it over to my employer. I filled it with total coming to "3"....

Info on tax filing form for individual who worked on OPT and then went to > H1B [ 1 Answers ]

I entered the US in 8/2002 and graduated in 5/2006. I worked for a firm from 6/2006 - 5/2007 on an OPT. I then left the US as my opt had expired and got another firm to file for my H1B. I returned to the US on 10/2007 and got paid from 10/07-12/07 on h1b status. How should I go about filing for my...

Individual working as officer of company and as a regular employee [ 1 Answers ]

Corporation XYZ consists of a husband and wife who are shareholders of the corporation. They are officers of the corporation and each get paid a monthly salary for those positions. The corporation has no other employees. When the corporation gets a contract, the husband, who is the president,...

Filing Individual Income Tax for non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am confused as a foreigner (non-resident, no green card, etc.) who has filed W-8BEN form with my bank and brokerage houses. I have SSN because I was studying and working in the US before. In 2003 I left the US for good. My questions are: 1. Do I need to file income tax if I have...

View more questions Search