Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emngara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 04:49 AM
    Meaning of 1st lien and 2nd lien in BG
    Hello Expert,

What is the meaning of 1st lien and 2nd lien in relation to BG?

Thank you!
    emngara
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2009, 05:53 AM

First lien,

First claim on the property of another for payment of a debt.

Ex. The garage owner has a lien upon my automobile until I pay his bill.

____________________________________ second lien,

Second claim on the property of another for payment of a debt.

Ex. The garage owner has a second lien upon my computer until I pay his bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A lien for $323? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a letter saying that I owe $323 from the taxes I just did this year(I didn't do my taxes until July, and then I had to get them amended in August for student loan purposes). I'm broke so I don't even have that, but the letter says they can do a lien. Will they really put a lien on me for...

Charging lien vs child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

In 1997 when I divorced I was given the marital house to live in until our child turned 18. My ex's attorneys put a charging lien for fees on my (ex's interest) of the marital home. When our child turns 18 I was to sell the house and my ex had to pay me all that he owes me and we were to split any...

Lien [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I bought a home in Virginia last year. He had some bad debt that he managed to keep from me and the mortgage broker. More specifically he had a car that was repossessed 5 years ago and now he owes them almost $20,000.00. Can they (the car company/holder of the repossessed car) put...

IRS Tax Lien [ 5 Answers ]

My brother owes $100,000.00+ from payroll withholding taxes he failed to pay upon closing a business. The IRS filed a tax lien on him personally as he was responsible. He is very depressed and lives on a very small income in a rooming house now. He pay little or nothing to the IRS in spite of...

How do I know if there is a lien? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister passed away and the collection agencies say they are putting a lien on her property. The only problem is the property is not hers but belongs to my mother. It was never hers. How can we find out if someone is trying to put a lien on my mothers house in my sisters name.

View more questions Search