Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hhanitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 07:05 PM
    Marriage Ettiquette
    My future brother in law and fiancée are getting married in June, My fiancée and I just got engaged but don't want to have to wait long to get married, how many months after my brother in law gets married should we wait to get married? Thanks
    Lost in etiquette
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 30, 2006, 07:31 PM
    I will merely say who really cares ?

You set the date that works for you and your fiancée. Of course double weddings can be great and saves everyone a lot of cost on a larger wedding.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2006, 07:54 PM
    I agree with Fr Chuck.

Who cares.

They are not getting married until JUNE 2007? That is 8 months away.

Why not get married in April or May 2007?

If that is too soon, June or July is fine as well.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 30, 2006, 07:56 PM
    I too agree. However, a double wedding may be nice if you are all very close, but other than that each bride should have her special day.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2006, 01:51 PM
    I don't really think it matters. The brother-in-law's intended in-laws will handle that wedding and your intended in-laws will handle yours so there shouldn't be any problem at all.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2006, 12:39 AM
    Does it really matter!
    Its entirely up to you and no one else.
    starryeyed Posts: 49, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2006, 09:37 AM
    I agree with everyone - it shouldn't matter at all...
    I do think that people can get a bit funny about this sort of thing, though...
    So, before you decide anything, maybe the siblings could have a quick chat, just to make sure that a mountain's not made of a molehill...
    I'm not saying you should follow the other couple's whims - but just that it might be nice to be a bit courteous and reach a consensus... It might prevent problems later on...
    loribel101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 01:07 PM
    You should do whatever makes YOU happy,. Make any date you want to.. It is your wedding! THat is entirely up to you! I do not believe there is a formal ettiquette for getting married.. Just do what feels good to you and your partner...
    dxviii Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2006, 08:11 PM
    It's all about you. It is your special day. I wouldn't spoil your day with a double wedding. I recommend picking a day that you would agree on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Will my marriage last? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my D.O.B is 12-17-1983 am getting married in 2 months I want to know if my marriage will last /will I have any children ?and how many ?and is my fiancé cheating on me?my email address is [email protected] Please Help!! :( :( :( :(

Wedding ettiquette [ 14 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I just wanted to get some opinions on something... my best friend is getting married this summer and she is having a somewhat large wedding (about 200 people) Do you think that she should be able to choose who comes and who doesn't or do you think it is proper ettiquette to allow her...

Wedding Ettiquette for Divorced Parents [ 3 Answers ]

All the information I have found re: wedding etiquette for divorced parents is about the BRIDE'S parents. What about the groom's parents? My friend's son is getting married in Aug. She is in the middle of a very difficult process of divorce and is definitely not on speaking terms with her...

View more questions Search