Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carla123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 09:59 PM
    A feeling of uninterest in life. Is this normal?
    OK. So, I am in a good job. I am doing what I like. I Don't WANT to get into any relationship, as I am just out of one completely. There is nothing wrong with my body. I have achieved my Goal. And there are no problems. And now I am looking forward to something new in career... But given that all I good, I still feel soooo empty. I am like - "Been there... done that.. so next what? i don't care"... I am not really interested in what I eat and how I dress... Basically, it's a feeling of uninterest in life. Is this normal? What to do??

I feel I'd rather just die, instead of living a useless life... what say?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 18, 2009, 10:05 PM

Volunteer at least two hours a week at an animal shelter, hospital, nursing home, public library, food pantry. Do this for two months, and then report back to us.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2009, 10:49 PM
    It's only your perception that your life is useless, like Wondergirl has so wisely said, get out there and make yourself useful.

It may be that you're feeling a little depressed after the break up of your relationship - but this will pass if you occupy yourself and don't feel sorry for yourself.

Yes, it's easy to sit around and say - oh my life is so useless - so why don't you focus on other people instead of yourself. Go out, meet friends, see your family, play sport, take in a movie - whatever.

You might even volunteer to assist people who's lives are not as fortunate as yourself and who may well have much better reasons to feel sorry for themselves.
    netking27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 04:24 AM

Would believe that you have got this notion that you are not worth to live life.
    Suggest you to take a walk down your lane and see people not as gifted as you are.

Well phrased Gemini girl.

Sure every one gets a bit low in life, but to overcome that join a club,gym .Get some fresh air to yourself and you will feel great.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 19, 2009, 03:51 PM

So you've accomplished your goals, so now it's time to make new ones.

Time to get out of your shell and do something outside your comfort zone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling Lonely in life [ 6 Answers ]

I feel AWFUL! I feel as though every time I go to hang out with a "friend" they all seem to stab me in the back! I always end up getting screwed in the end because I have a big heart and my "friends" always use this to get what they want! And I feel like my parents are always mad at me and my...

23 Yr Old. Feeling Lost About a Career & Life. [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old. I have a wonderful family and a girl friend of 5 years which I will be marrying some day. I get along with her family and everything in my relationship is great. I am scared about my own future with jobs and career. This year my girlfriend graduates college. I waited so long...

Is what I'm feeling normal? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I took 4 positive pregnancy tests ( ept, first response and clear blue) I missed my period and it is always regular. I don't have a first docs appt until the 28th and I just wanted to know how I should be feeling. I know everyone is different but I'm not having any morning...

I keep feeling this twitch in my belly is it normal? [ 7 Answers ]

Lately I have been feeling the baby do this constant movement that feels like he's twitching constantly or something.. I know they get hiccups in there, but I would think there would be a pause in between each hiccup, this movement is just constant.. Has anyone felt that before?

Is this feeling normal? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past year or so, I have been growing further and further apart from a friend to whom I was really close to before. I have finally accepted that the friendship is dead, over, finito, no chance of going back. We see each other at common events and act very civilized. I found out last night...

View more questions Search