Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pare_john Posts: 97, Reputation: 3

May 18, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Moen shower faucet handle
    Hey guys,

In my upstairs bath I have a Mooen shower/bath faucet assembly. I have no idea whjat model it is as it was there when I bought the house.

The problem is that presently the handle/knob is those horrible clear plastic ones. I would like to change the handle/knob over to a chrome one. Would you guys be able to tell me ifthe Moen handle/knobs are universal? Meaning do they all fit onto the valve from one model to another.

Thanks
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 18, 2009, 08:48 PM

Moen has two basic types of shower cartridges and therefore two different stem configurations. The older one that PULLS OUT and to the side for Hot and Cold water OR the newer ones that TURN ONE WAY around. You have to determine which one you have.

Does your handle look like the first one or the second one ?
    Attached Images

May 19, 2009, 03:12 AM

Mine pulls out, and the handle looks like the first one. Is it posible to put on a better looking handle, like in the second pic? Do they make that style handle for my set up?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 19, 2009, 03:33 AM
    Pare_John, I hope you are not losing sleep over the handle issue. It is 03:33 AM and you are still on line... :D

I am sorry to say: not really. It is a basic "crystal" handle. I have not seen anything that would look better. Call Moen, they have very helpful Customer Support. Maybe the are now making better replacement handles. Here is the Customer Support Link:

Moen's Contact / Help Information and Phone Number
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 19, 2009, 07:08 AM

That Moen handle looks like a Chateau model. I have not seen a replacement handle that looks appreciatively better.

May 19, 2009, 02:11 PM

I do not have the time zone set. Trust me I am not online at 3 am lol

Thanks for the help
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 19, 2009, 04:03 PM

All handle designs for the château were plastic. At least I've never seen any different. With the newer model moens, you have quite a few options for handles and trim, but I think your stuck with what you have with your particular faucet. IF you do happen to find a different handle, please let me know.
    RENEEFRIESZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 01:56 PM
    1st one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Removing handle from a Moen single-handle shower [ 5 Answers ]

The shower is dripping and I am trying to get to the stem by removing the handle. I can see a set screw recessed into the bottom of the handle. I have tried an allen wrench but bent it without any success.

Removing moen faucet handle [ 2 Answers ]

Hoe do I remove the plastic cover from a Moen Shower Faucet?

Re-install Moen single handle shower handle [ 12 Answers ]

My Moen shower handle came off. I see there is a set screw at the bottom of it. The handle attaches to a plastic piece; however, you have to pull out the plastic piece from the wall to get the handle to fit over the plastic and to give the set screw something to set into. How do I pull out...

Installing cartridge in single handle moen faucet for shower [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a trick to this - I cannot get the cartridge all the way in

View more questions Search