Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peggy DiBello Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 05:11 AM
    Symptoms of back problem in Mini Daschund
    Hi,
    Our 3 yr old mini has been in the hosp for two days now. She went in with severe abdominal pain and they say it is her back. Why then, is the pain in her stomach? She was displaying no other signs of discomfort. She also had a temperature of 104. All of the tests came back fine. Any answers?
    Thanks.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Sep 30, 2006, 06:07 AM
    If you are not happy with you vet go to another one, second oppinions are a must but this breed is pron to back problems, you can blame the breeders for that one. Try researching (Incidences of Intervertebral Degenerative Disc Disease) or (IVDD)

I have listed two links to get you started,

http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=418

http://www.thedachshundnetwork.com/discdisease.htm

Again if you think you vet is wrong, go to another one.
    4mydog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy DiBello
    Hi,
    Our 3 yr old mini has been in the hosp for two days now. She went in with severe abdominal pain and they say it is her back. Why then, is the pain in her stomach? She was displaying no other signs of discomfort. She also had a temperature of 104. All of the tests came back fine. Any answers?
    Thanks.
    Sadie is our 6 year old dashchund and I took her to the vet recently with similar simptoms, she has 3 slipped disks in her back. When you push on her abdomen she would grown but they said it is because when you do that they strech out there back and it hurts them. However, my Vet told me that once she treated a dashchund for back issues because of the same simptoms and she didn't get better, come to find out she had a kidney infection, you can find that out with a blood test, my doctor tested Sadie for it but she does have back issues. Good Luck I hope this helps
    985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 03:29 PM
    The same thing happened to my dog after many tests they found nothing wrong even though she had very high fever, she was under IV,and was near death.it included that she got better on her own and in till this day they never found out what was wrong. I'm happy to say that she is still alive happy as ever. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR DOG!
    985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 03:37 PM
    The same thing happened to my dog after many tests they found nothing wrong even though she had very high fever, she was under IV,and was near death.it included that she got better on her own and in till this day they never found out what was wrong. I'm happy to say that she is still alive happy as ever. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR DOG!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mini Daschund Having Seizures [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old male, mini daschund who has recently started having seizures. I'm not familiar with the breed and actually didn't acquire him until he was 4 yrs and from a stranger so I don't know his history. Are seizures a common medical condition for this breed?

Mini Daschund Bladder Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My year old mini daschund has been holding his urine for long periods. When he does go he goes a lot. Sometimes he will start walking away while he is still peeing. He is also peeing unexpectedly when he never used too. Any suggestions?+

Mini-Daschund w/ ear problems [ 1 Answers ]

We brought home a 1 year old mini-daschund about 2 months ago. He is great, but about 2 days ago he started scratching his ears and rubbing them on the carpet and whining. I have cleaned the edges out with Q-tips and was able to clean out some brown gunk, but although he was very still, I was...

Mini daschund pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how long a mini daschund pregnancy lasts? I think my mini might have gotten pregnant on her last heat?

I am the 4th owner for my 1yr mini daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got my dog Harley about three weeks ago, and the previous owner declared to me that he was house broken.  So I watched him for the first few days and left him out while I went to work.  But it seems like he just isn't getting it.  I don't think he is crate trained either, and I work 10 hour...

View more questions Search