Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 03:11 AM

:: subcsribes to thread ::
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 27, 2009, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    Atlanta's been really really crappy lately as far as weather goes...

it's been raining nonstop for the past 5 days.

...correction. it'll rain for 5 min...then the sun will come out for 15 min...then it'll rain for the next 20 min...etc. etc. etc.

another 5 days of this crap...

so. what am I wearing?

...do I even need to say?

I wear nuffin!
    Exactly! My neighborhood pool opened 3 weeks ago and I have yet to go because of the skitzo weather. Rain, shine, rain, shine, but hey the grass is growing like crazy. And speaking of crazy, the humity/rain combo is playing havoc with my hair. Haven't had a good hair day in about a month.

Yes, GRITS stands for Girls raised in the south. There is even a book by that name. Plus, there is nothing like a good hot bowl of grits with butter from The Waffle House. It's right up there with a fresh warn Krispy Kream donut.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 27, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Plus, there is nothing like a good hot bowl of grits with butter from The Waffle House. It's right up there with a fresh warn Krispy Kream donut.
    :: rubs tummy ::

Mmmmmm! Hot glazed Krispy Kreme and a coffee.

Breakfast time!

May 27, 2009, 04:22 AM
    All reds and greens are different shades of... brown, always have been... I enjoy drawing and painting... when I was in 5th grade a teacher made fun of me in front of the whole class because I painted the grass in my painting brown... oh well... I'm sure she won an award for her sensitivities.
    -Me[/QUOTE]
    It really upsets me when idiot adults have influence over a child's self esteem. Some of the teachers I've witnessed are appalling. Parents too.:(
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Exactly! My neighborhood pool opened 3 weeks ago and I have yet to go because of the skitzo weather. Rain, shine, rain, shine, but hey the grass is growing like crazy. And speaking of crazy, the humity/rain combo is playing havoc with my hair. Haven't had a good hair day in about a month.

Yes, GRITS stands for Girls raised in the south. There is even a book by that name. Plus, there is nothing like a good hot bowl of grits with butter from The Waffle House. It's right up there with a fresh warn Krispy Kream donut.
    Grits have no taste by themselves... you have to paste them with sugar, butter, maple syrup, and (ice cream) to like 'um... I lived in Raleigh for 5 years and I tried and tried... but... :rolleyes:
    Business Expert

May 27, 2009, 07:44 AM
    -Me
    It really upsets me when idiot adults have influence over a child's self esteem. Some of the teachers I've witnessed are appalling. Parents too.:([/QUOTE]

I got some payback though... the next year I did a 'finger painting' that the principle thought was pretty good and sent it around to all the local schools to post it at the entrances. She apparently said then that 'well, that one couldn't be screwed up... '

Stringer

May 27, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Grits have no taste by themselves...you have to paste them with sugar, butter, maple syrup, and (ice cream) to like 'um.....I lived in Raleigh for 5 years and I tried and tried...but....:rolleyes:
    Maybe you have to have been brought up on them. Sugar, syrup, ice cream, yuk! Don't put anything sweet in them. That's for oatmeal. You've seen the Quaker Oats variety pack oatmeal haven't you? They also have variety pack grits. Grits, with butter, or cheese, or bacon bits and more. One thing I could never wrap my mouth around was "cream of wheat." Disgusting. Slimey.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 07:55 AM

Grits at the flying biscuit has ALWAYS done me good.

Also, I literally live within 5 min walking distance to waho... it destroys my girlish hourglass figure though :(
    Business Expert

May 27, 2009, 08:04 AM

By the way NOHelp, I think I mentioned to you before that I was born and raised southeast of Pittsburgh. Born in Greensburg and raised in the Penn Hills area near Monroeville.
    Business Expert

May 27, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Maybe you have to have been brought up on them. Sugar, syrup, ice cream, yuk! Don't put anything sweet in them. That's for oatmeal. You've seen the Quaker Oats variety pack oatmeal haven't you? They also have variety pack grits. Grits, with butter, or cheese, or bacon bits and more. One thing I could never wrap my mouth around was "cream of wheat." Disgusting. slimey.
    Then that was it, why I never liked them... just another trick that was placed on this Damn Yankee... they lied to me and sat back to watch the results... sigh. :rolleyes: he hee

grits at the flying biscuit has ALWAYS done me good.

also, I literally live within 5 min walking distance to waho...it destroys my girlish hourglass figure though :(
    Where is the flying biscuit? I've heard of it lots of times, but never seen it. I've heard great things about it too. I'm in . Where is it?
    Business Expert

grits at the flying biscuit has ALWAYS done me good.

also, I literally live within 5 min walking distance to waho...it destroys my girlish hourglass figure though :(
    So, you like grits Sneeze?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2009, 08:08 AM

Grits, when done right, is wonderful. :)

cozyk, there's a flying biscuit around lenox, one around emory, one around marietta, and one in norcross.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shorts bolts that I cannot remove in a toilet flange [ 13 Answers ]

This seems like such a simple problem, but it turns out to be harder then I thought. I have a plastic flange which has two bolts in place already, in a concrete floor. The flange is at the same level as my ceramic tile. The issue I'm having is the bolts are a bit to short, yes I know replace...

Lighting shorts [ 9 Answers ]

I had 8 flush lights installed about 9 months they use to work now, I switch,I get nothing.I put a meter on one of the sockets.and it read I was getting power to it.When I touched the socket and metal at the same time with needle nose pliers, it sparks, and all 8 lights go on, can someone please...

Hot tub shorts breaker, won't start [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, this one is driving me crazy. I have a marquis sports series 500 spa. 6 years old. We have had NO problems till now. I popped the breaker (*hit the test button), drained it, filled it, went to click it back on, and it won't. Click the breaker and it immediately trips and the breaker flips...

Light switch shorts out circuit breaker [ 13 Answers ]

Sorry!! :D Wrong category. :o This is mighty dump of me to begin with. I was switching my two switches left to right and the metal part of the switch touched the positive screw. :eek: Yes. I did not switch off the circuit breaker. :p I thought it was no big deal because I was just...

Difficult shopping for shorts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 16-year-old girl who has to go buy shorts this summer due to the location of a summer camp. I don't usually wear shorts, though; I have short legs with large, muscly calfs and big thighs I'm not proud of showing off. (I'm 5'3" and about 130 lbs.) But when I am coerced to buy shorts,...

View more questions Search