Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 07:32 AM

I have to confirm what hail is. I probably have seen in TV, one of the worst hails perhaps. Ice balls bigger than tennis balls were falling. Is that really hail?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Yes, unk, but that's kind of extreme. An inch (2cm) diameter is large
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 10:50 AM

Ok, thanks Catsmine! Now, I'm positive, there has once been hail in Mauritius!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 11:01 AM

Got to say sweats, tends to be cold here a lot of the time, but for when it gets hot, scrap the shorts, 3/4 lenghts all the way :D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 21, 2009, 11:59 AM

I like skirts, they're fun. I wear a lot of skirts in the summer and spaghetti strap tops.

Of course you can't go commando in a skirt, one swift wind and you're in jail for indecent exposure. :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 21, 2009, 12:10 PM

Yeah it finally got warm enough yesterday the 20th so I plan to start wearing skirts and sun dresses until shorts weather.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    I have to confirm what hail is. I probably have seen in TV, one of the worst hails perhaps. Ice balls bigger than tennis balls were falling. Is that really hail?
    I used to live in the Chicago area and 'hail' would destroy your car. Golf balls the weight of lead (or seems like it) would come down and just dent, dent, dent! Insurance does wonders! :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 21, 2009, 08:35 PM

35 miles s. w. of Chicago, it has been just gorgeous here for the last two weeks... mostly around 57 to 80 degrees and a lot of sunshine... buy stick around it can change in an instant... but now you can wake up to 68 degrees and all the birds singing...

Alty our tulips have already bloomed and passed over...
    Pets Expert

May 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
    [QUOTE=Stringer;1749748]35 miles s. w. of Chicago, it has been just gorgeous here for the last two weeks... mostly around 57 to 80 degrees and a lot of sunshine... buy stick around it can change in an instant... but now you can wake up to 68 degrees and all the birds singing...

Alty our tulips have already bloomed and passed over....[/QUOTE]

Wow! You're kidding? Mine are early.
    Business Expert

May 21, 2009, 10:41 PM
    [QUOTE=Altenweg;1749813]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    35 miles s. w. of Chicago, it has been just gorgeous here for the last two weeks...mostly around 57 to 80 degrees and a lot of sunshine...buy stick around it can change in an instant....but now you can wake up to 68 degrees and all the birds singing....

Alty our tulips have already bloomed and passed over....[/QUOTE]

Wow! You're kidding? Mine are early.
    A little further south here... hon. All the trees have bloomed and the flowers on them are gone also... except the Dogwood Tree... it is still beautifully flowered with a ton of little pink flowers.

Marta told me that they were pink... remember I am color blind to red, pink and green... the only way I know that the grass needs watered is if the blades are all sloped over... he hee.. it always looks brown. All reds and greens are different shades of... brown, always have been... I enjoy drawing and painting... when I was in 5th grade a teacher made fun of me in front of the whole class because I painted the grass in my painting brown... oh well... I'm sure she won an award for her sensitivities.

-Me
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 07:19 AM

That's awful stringer :(
    I would have cried and got her fired hehe

We had a boy at our school who was completely color blind... yup, black white and grey only...
    It's strange that most color blind people can't see red and green. They are completely different!
    I know there is some scientific explanation... it just baffles my tiny brain is all :D
    Business Expert

May 22, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Thats awful stringer :(
    I would have cried and got her fired hehe

We had a boy at our school who was completely color blind... yup, black white and grey only...
    It's strange that most color blind people can't see red and green. They are completely different!
    I know there is some scientific explanation... it just baffles my tiny brain is all :D

Actually most women are not color blind at all... however, most women carry the color blindness gene and pass it on to their male children. Poor guys... short end, again... (sigh).

Almost every time that I mention this to people they will inevitably tpoint to something that they are wearing and ask: "what color is this?" I always say "red"...dah...(I'm not too stupid). Why would they point to something blue? Or, they will ask: "how do you know that the traffic light changes to red?" I answer "well, I watch the car beside me....if they move, I take off..." (he hee). Actually you learn to make adjustments, you learn that the red light is usually the one at the bottom or to the right on the traffic light... and of course there is always completely bent over grass...

Just have to be more observant... life's little burdens...

Stringer
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2009, 08:00 AM

You should live here Stringer, we have brown grass, then green for a while then white. Easy peezy! :)

Our trees are just starting to bud. My lilac tree outside is a very late bloomer, always around 2 weks behind the others in the neighbourhood. It probably won't bloom until the end of June. I'll take pictures, it's a beautiful tree. Also, bonus, the neighbour I barely tolerate is allergic to lilacs. Tee hee. I'm thinking of getting another one. ;)
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 08:02 AM

Must be hard but I guess having never seen the colors it wouldn't matter too much.

That's evil Alty... buy two more :p
    Business Expert

May 22, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You should live here Stringer, we have brown grass, then green for a while then white. Easy peezy! :)

Our trees are just starting to bud. My lilac tree outside is a very late bloomer, always around 2 weks behind the others in the neighbourhood. It probably won't bloom until the end of June. I'll take pictures, it's a beautiful tree. Also, bonus, the neighbour I barely tolerate is allergic to lilacs. Tee hee. I'm thinking of getting another one. ;)
    Really LMAO!! :D:rolleyes:
    Business Expert

May 22, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Must be hard but I guess having never seen the colors it wouldn't matter too much.

What I think what I miss the most (cause I have never seen it) are all these beautiful sunsets that have what my wife calls gorgeous hues of red, pink... nope,(Hmmm, it occurs to me here now that she may be getting even her for something... a bit spiteful... 'we have to talk!") I can see most basic colors but no greens or reds OR any color that has those colors in them such as pink. Now they have all these variations of many more reds, pinks, greens... can you even begin to imagine my dilemma when Marta took me to the paint store when we had the inside of our home painted!? :eek: Headaches... And we used over 15 different 'earth colors'... learned that includes lots of the Baaaaad ones... he hee.

Stringer
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2009, 08:10 AM

Maybe an entire orchard. Hee, hee.

She's an annoying neighbour.

She's widowed but started dating someone shortly after her husband died. She's in her late 50's early 60's. Our front yards connect, small front yards to begin with.

When she first moved in she complained about mowing the lawn, so we started mowing it for her. That's what neighbours do, right? Well she came over one day and complained that we hadn't been giving her lawn enough water. Um, what? You have water dear, do it your lazy a$$ self.

So I told her we'd water both lawns but alternate hoses so that we're not paying for all the water. She didn't understand why, didn't like that idea so she paid $10,000 to have her entire yard ripped up and put rocks in. It looks horrible. It looks like someon buried an elephant under rocks in her yard. The yard is simply too small to pull off a rock garden.

Well, her new boyfriend has a dog, she doesn't like dogs (she's living next to the wrong person) and doesn't want the dog in her house, so she lets it wander the neighbourhood. Since the dog obviously can't potty on the rocks she sends it to our yard to do it's thing. My front yard is a dog poo/pee free zone. My own dogs aren't allowed to deficate or urinate on my front yard. That's where the kids play. Not okay!

So I asked her to please stop letting the dog kill my grass. Her response, "what's the big deal, it's only poo, just pick it up". Alrighty then. Scoop the poop and throw it into her rocks.

Ya, I don't do well with annoying people. :(
    Business Expert

May 22, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Maybe an entire orchard. Hee, hee.

She's an annoying neighbour.

She's widowed but started dating someone shortly after her husband died. She's in her late 50's early 60's. Our front yards connect, small front yards to begin with.

When she first moved in she complained about mowing the lawn, so we started mowing it for her. That's what neighbours do, right? Well she came over one day and complained that we hadn't been giving her lawn enough water. Um, what? You have water dear, do it your lazy a$$ self.

So I told her we'd water both lawns but alternate hoses so that we're not paying for all the water. She didn't understand why, didn't like that idea so she went ahead and paid $10,000 to have her entire yard ripped up and put rocks in. It looks horrible. It looks like someon buried an elephant under rocks in her yard. The yard is simply too small to pull off a rock garden.

Well, her new boyfriend has a dog, she doesn't like dogs (she's living next to the wrong person) and doesn't want the dog in her house, so she lets it wander the neighbourhood. Since the dog obviously can't potty on the rocks she sends it to our yard to do it's thing. My front yard is a dog poo/pee free zone. My own dogs aren't allowed to deficate or urinate on my front yard. That's where the kids play. Not okay!

So I asked her to please stop letting the dog kill my grass. Her response, "what's the big deal, it's only poo, just pick it up". Alrighty then. Scoop the poop and throw it into her rocks.

Ya, I don't do well with annoying people. :(
    Wow,. another one that will testify for you at the 'Golden Gate'... LMAO!
    Pets Expert

May 22, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Wow,...another one that will testify for you at the 'Golden Gate'...LMAO!
    Stringer, I've already accepted that fact that I'll never see the Golden gate. I'm going down! Sigh.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2009, 08:19 AM

Hahaha you are a lot more understanding than me Alty!!

Fair enough you mowed her front lawn... yes, that is what neighbours do but for her expect you to water it too.. pfffft, I would have just stopped doing it altogether!

You spent 10k on her garden!!
    I hope she has a will and she put you in it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shorts bolts that I cannot remove in a toilet flange [ 13 Answers ]

This seems like such a simple problem, but it turns out to be harder then I thought. I have a plastic flange which has two bolts in place already, in a concrete floor. The flange is at the same level as my ceramic tile. The issue I'm having is the bolts are a bit to short, yes I know replace...

Lighting shorts [ 9 Answers ]

I had 8 flush lights installed about 9 months they use to work now, I switch,I get nothing.I put a meter on one of the sockets.and it read I was getting power to it.When I touched the socket and metal at the same time with needle nose pliers, it sparks, and all 8 lights go on, can someone please...

Hot tub shorts breaker, won't start [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, this one is driving me crazy. I have a marquis sports series 500 spa. 6 years old. We have had NO problems till now. I popped the breaker (*hit the test button), drained it, filled it, went to click it back on, and it won't. Click the breaker and it immediately trips and the breaker flips...

Light switch shorts out circuit breaker [ 13 Answers ]

Sorry!! :D Wrong category. :o This is mighty dump of me to begin with. I was switching my two switches left to right and the metal part of the switch touched the positive screw. :eek: Yes. I did not switch off the circuit breaker. :p I thought it was no big deal because I was just...

Difficult shopping for shorts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm a 16-year-old girl who has to go buy shorts this summer due to the location of a summer camp. I don't usually wear shorts, though; I have short legs with large, muscly calfs and big thighs I'm not proud of showing off. (I'm 5'3" and about 130 lbs.) But when I am coerced to buy shorts,...

View more questions Search