Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiggywiggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Nursing queen won't leave her kittens to eat or use tray
    My cat had kittens three days ago and is not leaving them to use her tray what should I do to ensure that she is OK
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2009, 05:00 AM

You don't have to do anything, she knows what she needs, wants when she is nursing. It is not unusual.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 05:33 AM

Our cat (well.. stray cat... ) did the same thing... she would poop in the litter box with the kittens for the first few days until she felt safe enough to leave them on their own then she resumed doing her business in the garden.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Afraid of Queen accidentally suffocating kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My cat Callie is a very good mother. She is very loving and takes great care of her babies. I am worried though because I am afraid that she will accidentally suffocate one of them. I watch her with them most of the time, but I have to work. So I can't be there all the time. I am afraid that...

Should we step in and support queen feeding kittens [ 3 Answers ]

Hi We have 6 thriving kittens 23 days old. We have noticed a couple of her teats are sore through vigorous feeding of the kittens. She also seems to be jumping out of the box mid way through feeding. Looks like they are hurting her whilst feeding with there little teeth. Today we have only seen...

Kittens & The Litter Tray! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I am fairly new to this but thought it would be incredibly handy for other people's insights into this matter. Now the we have 5 cats, three are no problem but in the past few months, our now 8 months old kittens have developed issues with the litter trays. 2 of the older cats are actually...

Nursing queen passing a little blood [ 5 Answers ]

My cat had kittens 3 days ago and I noticed a little blood in her litter tray with her feaces, I want to take her to the vet but not sure if I should handle the kittens and take them with her

View more questions Search