Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnlisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2006, 08:48 PM
    Sick puppy
    :( My Little 4 Month Old Puppy Has Been Vomiting For The Past :( Hour Off And On And She Has Slobber Running Out Of Her Mouth Like Water, I Tried To Give Her Water And That Just Came Back Up, I Don't Recall My Pup Getting Into Anything Unless Some Peanuts The Dropped On The Floor, Could This Have Made Her Sick? Does Anyone Have Any Ideas Before I Take Her To The Vet
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Sep 30, 2006, 06:14 AM
    You need to do to the vet immediately, drooling and vomiting means that you dog is sick, it may have ingested a number of things, (some of which are deadly) it is also sings on my other diseases. You should never rely on an answer site that can not see your dog for veterinarian advice as most of us are not vets, and the others do not know their @$$ from a hole in the ground, and will give you what ever answer seems good at the time. You need to go now ASPA
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Sep 30, 2006, 06:23 AM
    Just a few thing he could have eaten

Button Battery Ingestion

Toxin
    Potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, cadmium, lithium, mercuric oxide, and zinc.
    Source
    Button-cell Battery
    General Information
    Ingestion of button-cell batteries can lead to esophageal erosions due to the release of potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide. Batteries in the stomach can cause gastric erosions and ulceration. These erosions may develop within 12 hours with the area in contact with the battery suffering the greatest damage.
    Toxic Dose
    Undetermined
    Signs
    Lack of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pain, and drooling.
    Immediate Action
    Seek veterinary attention.
    Veterinary Care
    General treatment: The button-cell battery may be removed with an endoscope. This allows for an exam of the esophagus and stomach at the same time. Abdominal surgery may need to be performed if endoscopy is unsuccessful at retrieving the battery.
    Supportive treatment: Secondary conditions such as erosions or ulcers are treated with medications and dietary changes. The pet is monitored for symptoms of mercury or heavy metal poisoning and treated if necessary.
    Specific treatment: Unavailable
    Prognosis
    Good, if the button-cell battery is removed immediately.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2406

Borate

Toxin
    Borate, Boric Acid, and Boron.
    Source
    Ant and roach baits, flea products, herbicides, fertilizers, denture cleaners, contact lens solutions, antiseptics, disinfectants, cleaning compounds, and mouthwash.
    General Information
    The mode of action of borate poisoning is unknown. It acts as an irritant which damages cells. The borates are concentrated in and cause the most damage in the kidneys.
    Toxic Dose
    Not determined for dog and cat.
    Signs
    Drooling, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, depression, ataxia, hyperesthesia, muscle weakness, tremors, seizures, blood in the urine, decreased urine production, coma, and death.
    Immediate Action
    Induce vomiting if ingested. Seek veterinary attention. If dermal exposure occurred, thoroughly wash the pet with warm soapy water. Dry thoroughly. Do not allow the pet to become chilled. Wear protective clothing/gloves to prevent human exposure.
    Veterinary Care
    General treatment: The induction of vomiting may be continued and gastric lavage is performed. Activated charcoal is not usually recommended due to the abnormally large volume needed to be effective. Bathing is repeated when there has been dermal exposure.
    Supportive treatment: IV fluids are administered to maintain hydration and decrease the risk of kidney damage. The kidneys are monitored for several days to determine damage.
    Specific treatment: Unavailable.
    Prognosis
    Variable
    http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2280

Toad Poisoning

Toxin
    Toad and salamander venom
    Source
    All toads secrete mucus through the skin that does not taste good to other animals. Some toads, however, are actually poisonous. These include the tropical toads Bufo alvarius (Colorado River Toad) found in the Southwest desert and Bufo marinus found in Florida and Hawaii. Some other species of Bufotoads in other areas of the U.S. produce a milder venom. There is one species of poisonous salamander, the California Newt, which is found in California.
    General Information
    The toxin is produced by glands in the skin of these toads. The toxic agent is similar to the heart medication digoxin. Exposure is usually through oral exposure (the cat or dog mouthing the toad), but the toxin may also be absorbed through wounds or broken skin. There have been reports of toxicities from toads sitting in the pet's water dish.
    Toxic Dose
    Oral exposure to Bufo marinus can be fatal. The deadly effects can be seen within 15 minutes.
    Signs
    The venom is locally irritating causing head shaking, drooling, vocalizations, pawing at the mouth, retching, or vomiting. The mucus membranes may become red. In severe cases, heart rhythm disorders occur which may cause apparent blindness, seizures, collapse, and death.
    Immediate Action
    Very carefully wash mouth with large amounts of water such as from a slow moving stream of water from a hose. Seek veterinary attention.
    Veterinary Care
    General treatment: The animal's oral cavity and other exposed areas will be flushed with large amounts of water. Ideally, this is performed under anesthesia so the entire mouth and throat are rinsed. Activated charcoal may be administered.
    Supportive treatment: The animal will be monitored with an EKG and treated for heart rhythm abnormalities with a drug such as propranolol. IV fluids will be administered to maintain hydration, and any seizures. Atropine may be given to help control the drooling if no heart abnormalities are present. Sedation may be necessary.
    Specific treatment: Unavailable
    Prognosis
    Good, with treatment; exposure to Bufo marinus can be fatal.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2394

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My new puppy is sick! HELP [ 17 Answers ]

Well I just got a new puppy about a week ago and he is about 4weeks old! And he started sneezing and vomiting and won't keep anything down!! And I don't have the money to take him to the animal hospital! SO I was wondering if anyone knew what I could do at home to help my puppy!! PLEASE HELP

Help! Sick puppy won't eat... [ 9 Answers ]

We got a husky/lab pup on Friday afternoon from the local humane society. He had eating some on Friday, and very little on Saturday morning. Then we noticed he had worms after some diarreha. We gave him some worm med. And took him back to see the HS vet on Monday. They also gave us a antiboitic for...

Very sick puppy [ 4 Answers ]

My puppy is 2 months old and he has roundworms. I gave him deworming pills and now he won't eat at all. He didn't eat for a full day and now going on another day. He throws up at least every hour but he is still drinking lots of water. He is pooping out blood and a little bit of water sometimes. He...

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

Sick puppy has Parvo... Questions... [ 2 Answers ]

Well my poor doggy for sure has Parvo and is in the hospital. I got the pet shop I bought him at to treat him. Apparently they are scared of the outbreak (and they didn't have him adequately vaccinated for a 12 week old puppy!) They were going to put him to sleep and refund my $250 for him...

View more questions Search