Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessed beyond Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Getting Started in Janitorial Service
    I am looking forward to getting set up in starting my own janitorial /cleaning service and I am not sure who I need to talk to at this time. This is very new to me starting for the first time. I am very experienced in janitorial/cleaning service from past experience as well as present. I am very excited about the business that is about to take place. I look forward in receiving a response.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 17, 2009, 10:27 PM

HI Blessed how are you?

I am glad that you are excited about starting a Jan service, keep that excitement and it will go a long way towards your being successful.

Do you have any actual management experience and if so, is it in the cleaning business; supervisor, higher management, etc?

Do you have any sales experience?

Are you looking to go into the residential or commercial end of the business?

What have you done already in preparation for this venture?

If in the US, what part of the country are you starting your business?

I have been doing this for some time and I would like to help if I can. Please respond to my initial questions to give me a starting point.

Thanks,

Stringer
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 11:08 AM

Hi Blesssed Beyond! Welcome to AMHD! :)

May 18, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    HI Blessed how are you?

I am glad that you are excited about starting a Jan service, keep that excitement and it will go a long way towards your being successful.

Do you have any actual management experience and if so, is it in the cleaning business; supervisor, higher management, etc?

Do you have any sales experience?

Are you looking to go into the residential or commercial end of the business?

What have you done already in preparation for this venture?

If in the US, what part of the country are you starting your business?

I have been doing this for some time and I would like to help if I can. Please respond to my initial questions to give me a starting point.

Thanks,

Stringer
    Hello Mr. Stringer thank you for taking the time out to respond to my email. As far as sales experience I do not have but I have been in the cleaning business for at least 15 years or more. I have never been in the position to supervise anyone, but I have cleaned both residential and commercial cleaning. I really enjoy the cleaning business and pray that it will get off to a great start soon. All cleaning business has been done here in Tallahassee Florida. I look forward to going into both commercial and residential but I am more so aiming at commercial. You asked the question about what have I done in preparation for this venture, I am licensed and stocked with supplies if something comes open. I have been looking to start my own business for quiet sometime now but just not knowing where or how to get started. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 18, 2009, 09:25 PM

Hi Blessed,

Please go to the 'Home Page' at the top of this thread here and start a new thread and ask your question there. This thread is for introductions only. If you will do this (as is required) I will be happy to answer any questions that I can and we can proceed further... Ok? Thanks. Then 'Private Message' me with the title of your new thread and I will find it and get back to you.

Ben, Rick or Clough... I cannot find the 'button' on the bottom of this thread to move it to the proper category... would one of you please move this for me so we may move forward with this?

Thanks,
    Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Hi, blessed beyond!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I do note, that you already received some responses while your question was in Introductions.

Thanks!

May 24, 2009, 09:45 PM
    Getting Started In Janitorial Service
    I am still excited about getting started in my cleaning business but do not have the know how on where to look or to who to help me to get up and running. I am in the process of getting fliers posted, but maybe you can give me more tips on what I need to do.:)
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 09:47 PM

Hi, blessed beyond!

Haven't we communicated on here previously? I'm going to take a look at your other posts and I'll be right back.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 09:54 PM

Okay, I can see where you communicated with Stringer on the following thread that I had moved from Introductions.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...ce-355018.html

Would you like for me to merge this thread with the other one. It would seem to be the logical thing to do.

I'm not sure where Stringer is right now, but I should be able to help you some. I'm sure that Stringer will come along eventually to wherever the thread is.

His information about cleaning/janitorial services of any kind as like gold and is second to none.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 09:59 PM

Are you still there, blessed beyond?

May 24, 2009, 10:02 PM

Yes I would love for you to help me, at this point I am thankful for whatever help I can get. I would love for you to help me anyway that you can thank you so much for the offer.
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Okay, then I'm going to merge the two threads together because this one really is a continuation of the other one.

I'll two do it slow enough so that you don't get dizzy or fall off this thread as we fly though the air with the greatest of ease! :D

But, you might want to hold on to something, just in case! ;)
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 10:13 PM

Okay, the threads have been successfully merged together! I always get a little nervous doing that because sometimes, something's can get lost along the way.

My particular expertise with what you're wanting to do, is in the advertising and promotion end of it.

Would you like to discuss advertising and promotion?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 10:21 PM

Hi, blessed beyond!

I'm waiting here for you! I couldn't send you a private message to let you know that I'm here because you don't have enough posts yet to be able to do that.

Thanks!

May 24, 2009, 10:25 PM

Yes I would love to discuss advertising as well as promotion by all means get me started.
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 10:28 PM

Do you have a website?

May 24, 2009, 10:30 PM

No not at this time
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 10:41 PM
    I'm sorry, but my Internet connection was just getting really slow!

Okay then, let's get at least one website going. It won't cost you anything. None of what I help you with concerning the Internet will cost you anything.

Now, if you want me to fly down to where you are to help you clean, that WILL cost you something! :D

Please open up another browser window, and go to the following site.

Webs - Make a free website, get free hosting

Please let me know here when you are on that site.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 24, 2009, 10:58 PM

Are you still there, blessed beyond? It looks like you've logged off from the site.

Thanks!

May 24, 2009, 11:00 PM

I am on the site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitorial forms [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and I'm looking for a free form for a janitorial bid before I invest a lot of money in supplies. Can anyone help. Sunshine janitorial -owner

Getting janitorial contracts [ 4 Answers ]

Once a potential customer says they already have a cleaning company then what? Do I offer a lower price? It seems the people I am contacting are not the decision makers and really don't want to listen to what I have to say.

Janitorial service [ 1 Answers ]

What should I expect on a interview for a janitorial position

Need to raise janitorial prices for monthly service [ 1 Answers ]

I own a cleaning company and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to increase the price of monthly services. Does someone have a sample letter I could use? I don't want to lose clients Respectfully, T

View more questions Search