Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mortgage42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 08:03 AM
    10650599000 side by side
    I have a Kenmore side by side, model#10650599000. I had two issues with the icemaker. One was I was the ice dispenser was not working. I found the two plastic aliment pins broke, causing the micro switch not to engage... Problem fixed... However the other problem is I am getting no water to the ice maker unit. I manually put water in the icemaker; it froze and dumped, so I assumed the upper unit was OK! So I changed out the water valve... Blead the water blead the water line. Two days later still no ice? What else can I do?

Thanks!

Aaron
    Hot Corn Bread Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2009, 05:49 PM

Remove the front cover and turn the small gear screwdriver slot counter clockwise very carefully and very slowly to cause the dump gear to enter the dump cycle. Half a turn or so should cause it to begin a dump and refill. If it doesn't - you have to repair something inside the icemaker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

Kenmore side by side -refrigerator warm ,frezer icing near vents [ 2 Answers ]

Ice maker in door barely making ice and forming icicles on door and near vents in freezer. The refrigerator is warm and cold air from freezer is not flowing into refrigerator. Ice is forming on door of freezer and near the vents .

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search