Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dareal Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2006, 11:03 AM
    Help to E mail Retrivel from outlook express
    I was using Outlook Express.My system got crashed and I made the hard disk as a slave to another system and retrived other documents in it.
    Now I would like to know is it possible to retrive the messages I had in my outlook express.Please help me with it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Look for DBX files on the old drive, they arre hidden files.

Sep 29, 2006, 11:26 AM
    Thanks for your reply.I searched for DBX files but hasn't come the outlook express.
    I am getting the Outlook express in C DRIVE. And I am keeping the old HD as F:
    I had so many imp mails in my outlook express in the old system and I need your help to get it back.
    Hope you will give me some new idea to retrive it.

Sep 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
    The files are hidden so you need to set the search to include hidden files.

Oct 2, 2006, 05:35 AM
    Thank you so much.I got the lost files as DXB files.Now I can open it in note pad format.though it serves the purpose,is it possible them to be transferred to New Outlook express??
    Or even if its possible to open as a mail message that would be grate... :)
    Thanks once again

Oct 2, 2006, 05:53 AM
    I believe you open the DBX files from within Outlook using File>Open or try adding them as folders.

Also check out this tool:

http://www.oemailrecovery.com/open-dbx-file.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outlook Express E-mail [ 4 Answers ]

Sometimes when I try to forward a E-mail it will send anywhere from 25 to plus 75 E-mails none which go through. Will have many calls from people upset with me.Need help Thank you SDB

Outlook Express for xp [ 14 Answers ]

Ok, this may be a tough question, I work for an ISP, as some of you will remember from previous posts, and I am trying to set up a mail signature, but the only way I can seem to figure out how to do this is through www.mymailsignature.com however this is unprofessional looking, I need it in plain...

Outlook express [ 13 Answers ]

hi pals i have installed the outlook express now it asks me the incomming server and outgoing server if i want to access my yahoo or gmail mails then what is my pop server and smtp server?? :confused:

Opening e.mail attachments using outlook express [ 3 Answers ]

I am running Oulook Express with Home Windows XP I find that I am unable to open some if not all of received message attachments. A warning notice appears to tell me that they may be unsafe. Someone kindly suggested that by selecting FORWARD in the toolbar this problem is overcome. Sadly...

Outlook Express [ 2 Answers ]

Many times when I receive an email containing pictures (not as attachments), I only can see a square box with a red X in it. Is there a way to correct this problem? It does not happen all the time.

View more questions Search