Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -PaRAsiTE- Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 10:48 AM
    I love my cousin.
    I love my cousin but I don't know if she does or not. Can you help me? What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2009, 11:49 AM

Your cousins, you should love each other, what's the problem?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 11:58 AM

Love as in want to make love to her love?

Well how old are you? Do you live together is she your Cousin or 2nd?

MOre details would be great

IF you are in love with your cousin, then its not the most normal of loves, but it happens, and many people back in the old times use to marrie there cousins.

Even more so in british royal family.

If you love her.. ask her talk to her about your feelings. See what she says. But be read to be turned down. As most family members just look at otheres as... family.

All the best

Jun 10, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Thanks for your advices, I apologize that I didn't answer you sooner just because of my exams. Well I can't say how old are we because, -excuse me-, I think you would laugh at us. My real problem is that I don't know If I should tell this to anyone else in my family or not? Is it good to show it or not? Will they laugh at me or not?
    I'm a male. ( I think it will be better to say this )> We both are 16 years old. Fortunately, I've found out that she has this feeling too.:)

Jun 10, 2009, 10:49 PM
    By the way, We are from Iran. We don't live together, But we live in the same city and her house is only two blocks away from our house.

Jun 10, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Thanks for your advices, I apologize that I didn't answer you sooner just because of my exams. Well I can't say how old are we because, -excuse me-, I think you would laugh at us. My real problem is that I don't know If I should tell this to anyone else in my family or not? Is it good to show it or not? Will they laugh at me or not?
    I'm a male. ( I think it will be better to say this )> We both are 16 years old. Fortunately, I've found out that she has this feeling too.:)
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jun 10, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by -PaRAsiTE- View Post
    Thanks for your advices, I apologize that I didn't answer you sooner just because of my exams. well I can't say how old are we because, -excuse me-, I think you would laugh at us. My real problem is that I don't know If I should tell this to anyone else in my family or not? Is it good to show it or not? Will they laugh at me or not?
    As said before, it happens. You'd be well advised to be mindful that the consequences will most likely leave to extream opposition, disproval, and many hard times.

First off, you wouldn't really be advised to "mate" as you would put your child at high risk for many genetic/biological problems. So if you did choose to have a child with her, then you'd be putting some one else through a lot of pain for your gain/benafit.

Second, you'd be issolating yourself from many people. Family, friends, and many others.

Third, I think it's illegal to marry a cousin. Except in some places.

See you are severely limiting yourself, and if you broke up or split, then what? Keep it all a secret? Hiding who you are to spare yourself the shame?

There are many women, and if you are 16, your hormones are still changing in big ways. No matter what you say, she is not the only girl for you, because you've not yet met the many women in the world. (Apparently there are more and more women being born and less men due to the many changes in our diet.)

So do what you feel is good for you, but try to look at the reality of your situation before just giving into some fantacy ideal of what it would be like, OK. Take care, and be sure to talk long and seriously with her before getting all wound up.

Peace and kindness.

P.S. How well do you know yourself? Do you love, forgive, respect, know yourself, and can you be yourself?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2009, 11:33 PM
    It's actually not illegal to marry a cousin.

In the USA alone, it's legal in 25 states and it's legal in many European countries. Worldwide, it's much more common. Twenty percent of all married couples are cousins. In some Middle Eastern countries, almost half of all marriages are to cousins.

(I got this off the internet - When Cousins Get Married - ABC News)

One of the reasons cousin marriage is taboo, is the assumption they will have kids with birth defects. A study funded by the National Society of Genetic Counselors revealed that some beliefs about cousin marriage were unfounded.

The risks of having a child with a cousin were about "2 [percent] to 3 percent" above the average population's risk for having a child with birth defects or mental retardation.

Clearly the risks are not as bad as people perceive!

You're still young - take it easy, get to know other girls - study and live your life.

If once you're older you both still feel the same, then you can make a considered choice based on having some life experience, meeting other people and having an understanding of the stigma and potential risks that might be involved.
    Balarasara Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Apr 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
    It is wrong to love your cousin romanticly,there are plenty of girls to like and I think you should just forget about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Course in cousin [ 5 Answers ]

How many typse of course in deffrent manu?

Agnostic Cousin [ 8 Answers ]

My uncle is a devout catholic, spent all his life praying and doing good deeds... Now his son(that's my cousin) was never too zealous about spirituality but 3-4 years back he got in touch with The Da Vinci Code and since then he's lost whatever faith he had in his religion. He now calls...

Cousin trouble [ 3 Answers ]

I need help because my real cousin married a guy and she loves me but he hates me so much. I want to be friends with him and I want us to act like cousins but he will not stop being mean to me so how do I say stop and I would like to be cousins from now on without looking stupid because he always...

Friend is in love with cousin [ 6 Answers ]

My friend(20) is in love with her cousin brother(21)... they loves each other very much Her parents are not knowing this thing... in our community it is not allowed to do so... They have arrenged her marriage with one guy who is well settled and from good family. Now she is confused. Cousin...

Never Help Your Cousin [ 3 Answers ]

My Cousin Had No Credit History So I Took Out A Loan For Him. He Has Been Paying The Monthly Bills (not Always On Time) I Just Received A Letter From A Lawyer's Office Indicating That He Is Filling For Bankruptcy AND I'm In The List Of People And Institutions That He Owes Money To. How Will...

View more questions Search