Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhruv_anand76 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 01:52 AM
    Antivirus Sites are not working
    After received Error code LU 1814 in norton, I hv tried to down load another antivirus, but I not able to open any Security site. Rest all sites open normally.

Please help my to open any security site on my computer. :confused:
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

May 16, 2009, 08:25 AM
    One of the tricks some viruses use is to prevent downloading updates or going to antivirus sites. It appears that you have contracted such a virus. The only solution is clean it from a CD. You can buy another virus program CD. But there is no guarantee that will get the virus you have. Your best option would be take your computer to a shop and get them to clean it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 16, 2009, 08:27 AM

You may need to boot your computer into safe mode. Here's a few tutorial links for perhaps helping:

Error: "LU1814: LiveUpdate could not retrieve the update list"

Virus Definitions & Security Updates - Symantec Corp.

Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp.

You might also try a system restore back a week or so before the error, see if that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe Flash 9 Not Working on Some Sites [ 5 Answers ]

I have Windows Vista Premium and I run on IE7. I have some web sites that use Adobe Flash 9 I surf on, but when I go to some they don't work. I go to the flash page and download it and it shows it works on that page, I manage the addins and it shows it is enabled, but still it does not work on...

Spyware preventer, windows antivirus 2008, advanced antivirus,ultimate antivirus [ 3 Answers ]

Spyware preventer, windows anti virus 2008, advanced anti virus,ultimate antivirus I have all three of these things on my computer and there ruining it, I had a couple others that were just as bad in the scene of "pop ups" but much easier to get rid of >control panel add remove programs and...

Orkut & most of the sites are blocked in uae, how can I open those sites [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot open most of the sites, even the proxy sites

IE will only go some sites,not all. How do I access all sites? [ 4 Answers ]

I had to remove malware from my PC and when it restarted, it will not recognize certain websites. How can I fix this? Thanks, Dave I used Spyware doctor from PC tools. I loaded Firefox and the same thing is occurring. It won't load webpages from Yahoo or wamu and a few other sites. I can go...

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

View more questions Search