Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mimi888 Posts: 71, Reputation: 3

May 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Toll roads in US
    I will be driving from western canada, crossing the border in Manitoba in to N. Dakota to get to jersey. How much change should I carry in my car for paying tolls on the road?

How much do tolls normally cost?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2009, 01:02 PM

Check with your local CAA.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 17, 2009, 01:34 PM

The US Interstate system is mostly toll free. If you use a GPS or routing service, you can specify that you want toll free routes.

Tolls vary greatly. A few toll roads still have regular booths that you pay a small amount each time you pass. But most give you a ticket when you enter and make you pay when you exit. So there is very little need for a lot of coins since there are few automated coin taking toll booths.

You might investigate getting an EZ Pass (ezpass.com) which allows you to breeze through toll booths.
    dglennware Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

May 25, 2009, 05:37 PM

Just to make it easy on yourself, you should carry $10-$15 in change and a few bills. That way, you will not have any problems at tolls and will also know how much to carry on the way back. Don't fool around wasting time on trying to figure out how much you will need exactly. Just carry the little bit of cash and if you don't use it, put it back in the bank or buy some food on the road.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roads [ 2 Answers ]

I have three abandoned roads leading onto my land-------they have not ben in use for about thirty years---------may I legally travel them now?

View more questions Search