Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Do I got to have good grades to be home schooled?
    Hello I'm in the ninth grade going in to the tenth, if any one can help me I was wondering do I got to have good grades to be home schooled?
    Miss Helpful Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 06:57 PM

I don't think so but it won't hurt to have good grades. You would have it a little easier if you did. Just what I think but I may be wrong.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 16, 2009, 04:42 AM

No, but you do need someone who is qualified to homeschool you as there are set criteria that need to be met in the curriculum you will use. This can vary depending on where you live. Here is an example:

Homeschooling In Florida - State Laws
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 08:12 AM

In my state you do not have to be qualified but you do have to follow the homeschool curriculum.
    To make it easier you might try cyberschool. They provide a computer but you are only allowed a set number of hours and only use it for the school purposes.
    Also with homeschooling most kids that make a real effort get better grades than when they were in public school.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 11:58 AM

I should have been more specific... by qualified I don't mean having a degree or certification, but someone who is competent to do the job as it should and needs to be done. Some parents don't realise what is involved when they start thinking about homeschooling.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 01:01 PM

Yeah I know what you mean some of the moms here do not do a very competent job as moms or homeschooling. Most of the homeschooling moms do great though. The ones that don't do good at homeschooling are the same ones who aren't great moms either.
    Uber Member

May 20, 2009, 06:38 AM

nikkiboo disagrees: sorry, but I don't think a person has to have book smarts to be a good mom

*scratching my head*
    I never said booksmart moms.
    I was referring about ''not great moms'' like the ones who leave their kids to run the street and bully other kids and then say 'not my kid'
    Not being consistent with their homeschooling their kids.
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 20, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    nikkiboo disagrees: sorry, but i dont think a person has to have book smarts to be a good mom

*scratching my head*
    I never said booksmart moms.
    I was referring about ''not great moms'' like the ones who leave their kids to run the street and bully other kids and then say 'not my kid'
    not being consistent with their homeschooling their kids.
    Owww.. sorry I guess I just miss understood?
    haleighbabie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 09:55 AM
    I'm thinking about being home schooled I'm just wondering what is it like to be home schooled
    LadyToni Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2012, 08:58 PM
    Home schooling doesn't require that you have good grades to begin it. You do have to have someone qualified to teach you based on your area's rules. I know about my state of GA and the state of TN. Each state has their own rules on how to home school. For a lot of people getting bad grades is a reason to start home schooling so that more attention can be given to a person and they will understand better what needs to be done.
    catlady23 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 12:05 PM
    Well, you certainly must have grades when homeschooling. Homeschooling isn't a "I'm just gonna sleep all day, and say "I'm homeschooled"" type of a thing. In fact, homeschooling gives you the opportunity to higher your grades. However, you mustn't need "good" grades, though it is unlikely for one to homeschool and have bad grades. Unless one isn't attempting success. In which case, why are you homeschooling?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's it like to be home schooled? [ 9 Answers ]

I've herd of people getting home schooled and all that, and I was just wondering why anyone would want to do that. Like doesn't it take away the chance to make friends and go to dances and all that stuff that school have and home schooling doesn't?

I need Hints on Getting good Grades [ 1 Answers ]

I need a hint on how should I get a good grades and I have tried everything I am sure:confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

Home-schooled child making bad grades. [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old grand-daughter whom is being home-schooled. She is so far behind the curriculum for the home-school work it is a shame. She will study science and history for hours and still make a 20-40 on the test. Does anyone have a suggestion as how to reach this child.

Need to cheat to get good grades [ 6 Answers ]

I'm fifteen and for the last year and a half I've been smoking pot. I don't want to quit but I want to do good in school and I'm not smart at all... I do my homework everynite but my test and quiz grades are so incredibly low it's a calendar grade. I started cheating this year because everything...

Home schooled: credits for college? [ 3 Answers ]

Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?

View more questions Search