Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

May 15, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Describe Heaven
    Give your best description of "heaven".
    There will be a follow up later, but please address this request first.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2009, 12:48 PM

It will be even better than the best time and place you've enjoyed on earth.

For me, that has always involved other people and animals.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2009, 12:55 PM

If there is a heaven I hope that it's paradise, that I'll be with my parents and everyone else that has gone before me, people, pets, everyone.

Who am I kidding though, I'm probably going down. ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm probably going down. ;)
    Not so! I've already arranged for you to be my celestial assistant to clean litter boxes and cages, and to walk dogs. All supplies will be provided. You also will be in charge of making pizzas from scratch (alternate Wednesdays).
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not so! I've already arranged for you to be my celestial assistant to clean litter boxes and cages, and to walk dogs. All supplies will be provided. You also will be in charge of making pizzas from scratch (alternate Wednesdays).
    If I'm going to have to make pizza then I'm definitely going down. I think they frown on anything burning in heaven.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2009, 01:03 PM
    If I'm going to have to make pizza then I'm definitely going down. I think they frown on anything burning in heaven.
    In heaven, all your faults will be removed. People will clamor for your pizzas.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 15, 2009, 01:12 PM

Heaven:
    A home for saved souls through salvation.
    A never ending communion with God.
    Eternity of bliss.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 15, 2009, 01:30 PM

I can only put it in terms of what God has blessed me here on earth with.

I have had a hard days where nothing goes right and I feel near worthless, then I pull into the drive and the dog comes running at me joyfully, just glad to see me - that moment is heaven. :)

When I first saw my wife and again on our wedding day; the attraction, the heart flutterring, the mild hand perspiration, feeling light headed - that moment is heaven. :D

You ever do something good for someone - just help them out it makes you near cry - like at the end of those "extreme makeover " shows - that is like heaven. :p

The innoncence and just plain adorableness of an infant - that is heaven :)

Get pulled over - after awhile the cop lets you off with just a warning - that is heaven. :rolleyes:

I can go on. I think I will be all smiles, at peace, no dread, no fear, no worry, total contentment and eagerness to do good things - that is what I think heaven is. :D

G&P
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 01:48 PM

Rivers of Magic hat #9 flow everywhere . Football being played all the time. Endless supply of Adidas sandals (with the foam fit) Oh wait that my house already.

May 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
    I can go on. I think I will be all smiles, at peace, no dread, no fear, no worry, total contentment and eagerness to do good things - that is what I think heaven is. :D

G&P[/QUOTE]

This is pretty close to my idea of heaven. Only I THINK that my essence will only have those "feelings" without the need for the actual activity happening that brings on those feelings.

I said I THINK because there is not a living soul that can know for sure. More about this later on my follow up question. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2009, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    G&P
    This is pretty close to my idea of heaven. Only I THINK that my essence will only have those "feelings" without the need for the actual activity happening that brings on those feelings.

I said I THINK because there is not a living soul that can know for sure. More about this later on my follow up question. :)[/QUOTE]
    I do believe we will enjoy activity in heaven though, productive as well as leisure activities. Man is made for activity. But yes, the feelings will be there in any event.

May 15, 2009, 02:16 PM
    I do believe we will enjoy activity in heaven though, productive as well as leisure activities. Man is made for activity. But yes, the feelings will be there in any event.
    [/QUOTE]
    But I don't enjoy activity. (whine , whine:o)

#1 "Man" is made for activity. Man is a physical form. We leave that physical form behind don't we? It has a beginning and an end. It's the spirit that lives on. At least that is my own opinion.

#2 Productive and leisure activities? Do you think that is mandatory? I only do those things because I should move my body around for my health. You think I got to do that in heaven too? I don't care for any sports, despise exercise, and don't really want to be productive by working in any way. I was hoping I could be a bonafide couch potato without the guilt.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 15, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I was hoping I could be a bonafide couch potato without the guilt.
    Maybe you will have that choice too. You can be in change of all the greyhounds.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 02:34 PM

Many people believe that heaven will be endless peace and not having to do a thing. Living life in paradise.

I have heard that we will all be assigned work that we just won't be floating around doing nothing. That there will be purpose to our work on the other side as well.

I also believe that Heaven is indescribable. Something that no words can truly describe. Limitless to what limits we have in this physical world.

That we will be with other spirits. There is many rooms in Gods mansion. Does that mean there are many different levels to heaven?

Not really answering, I do not care, but just saying my thoughts on heaven.

Joe
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

May 30, 2009, 01:34 PM

Heaven is all things at all times. For if god is allpowerfull and everywhere at alltimes then everything is his kingdom.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 01:41 PM

If I could describe it, there'd be no point in going. It'll be a surprise, just like hell.
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    If I could describe it, there'd be no point in going. It'll be a surprise, just like hell.
    Hell is no surprise, we're living in it now. ;)
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Hell is no surprise, we're living in it now. ;)
    If you think this is hell, you WILL be surprised.
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2009, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    If you think this is hell, you WILL be surprised.
    After the week I've had, nothing would be a surprise.

I'm actually waiting for another flood, armageddon, I wouldn't be at all shocked at this point.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear that, Alty. Maybe hell will be an improvement. That WOULD be a surprise, wouldn't it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can You Describe Heaven? [ 28 Answers ]

Please give me a description (what you imagine) heaven to be like! Pleasee

Describe squatters law [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know the exact wording of Florida's squatters law.

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

View more questions Search