Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    But, sheesh, ain't there a lot of bling ......... jasper, emerald, gold, topaz, sapphire.......
    I know, but where you going to go to spend it?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jun 12, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Here's the problem. Most of all that stuff is just meaningless to me. It is tangible and that holds no value.
    After His resurrection, Jesus had a body. He ate meals with the disciples, but was not subject to the laws of nature as we understand them. He appeared in a closed room and appeared at will wherever He wished. It is the Father's plan that all who accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour be conformed to His image, both in spirit (in this world) and finally in body when we meet Him face to face.

Personally, it would not be Heaven for me if I had nothing productive to do. Not a drudge job, but something that I could enjoy and take pleasure in accomplishing.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 12, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Personally, it would not be Heaven for me if I had nothing productive to do. Not a drudge job, but something that I could enjoy and take pleasure in accomplishing.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion all that needed stimulation would be happening in your consciousness. I get a high out of shopping. Do you think I will be going to an actual mall, eating lunch with friends, running around checking out the garage sales and doing the happy dance when I find a great bargain? These things bring good feelings to me. And I would eat great yummy fatty food but still have a tiny figure so that cute clothes would fit. Oops, what clothes would be available? Any special designers up there? Sounds pretty ridiculous when you put it that way doesn't it? What am I going to do with my garage sale finds afterward? Will I have a house to furnish ? But what will I use for currency to purchase the finds that give me that thrill? The good feeling does,t just come because I get an item, the thrill comes from getting the item at a great price. If you expect one kind of physical tangible activity in heaven, wouldn't that have to apply to anything and everything?

Or do we just skip the middle man. The middle man is the means or the activity. The feeling from it is the end. And, "the end" or feeling is why we do the activity.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    I know, but where you gonna go to spend it?
    Spend it? I thought I might wear it! LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can You Describe Heaven? [ 28 Answers ]

Please give me a description (what you imagine) heaven to be like! Pleasee

Describe squatters law [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know the exact wording of Florida's squatters law.

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

View more questions Search