Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 30, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Alty. Maybe hell will be an improvement. That WOULD be a surprise, wouldn't it.
    As long as they serve beer there I'm happy. ;)

It would be a surprise. Personally, I'd like to be surprised and find out that heaven exists.

There's only one way to find out though, and I'm in no hurry. :)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Give your best description of "heaven".
    There will be a follow up later, but please address this request first.
    You know that feeling of when you wake up naturally, and everything is fine, your snoozing and the world hast had time to set in yet.

A constant state of that :D
    Hannahia7 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 09:52 AM

I believe it's how the Bible describes it as...
    I have other opinions on it but I don't want to go to long...
    God bless everyone!!

Sis. In Jesus Christ,
    - Hannahia
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 3, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    you know that feeling of when you wake up naturally, and everything is fine, your snoozing and the world hast had time to set in yet.

a constant state of that :D
    This comes very close to my idea.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 03:36 PM

Take away ego and competition, the world? Realize that we are all one connected to all. That is bliss. Being separate, alone and in the dark is painful. Some worship it and watch sports... That's scary!

I like the idea of heaven feeling like you do when first waking up. But for me that feeling comes when I'm awakened during the night. In the morning, all the responsibilities of life are impinging.

You know that song, "I don't want to face the day?"
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 04:11 PM

I like the idea that everybody has to go to heaven whether they want to or not. For narrow-minded mean-spirited people, it will be hell having to put up with all those smiling happy folks all the time.

Jun 4, 2009, 08:36 AM

I believe it's what the Bible describes it as...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahia7 View Post
    I believe it's what the Bible describes it as....

You've posted the same answer twice. How does the Bible describe Heaven?

Jun 5, 2009, 06:34 AM
    I believe it's what the Bible describes it as....
    Details please.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 01:19 AM
    A feeling of indescribable bliss, peace and connection. Not being separate but connected to each other and spirit, God, the divine - whatever you want to call it, it doesn't matter.

A state of being sometimes attained when meditating, and then rudely pulled away by my relentless monkey mind.

I like this Buddhist interpretation of heaven -

The formless realm of peace, devoid of ignorance, hatred and greed, beyond any conventional understanding. As for the location, it is described as being everywhere, in everything, in everyone yet it can not be found in any specific place.

Jun 9, 2009, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    A feeling of indescribable bliss, peace and connection. Not being separate but connected to each other and spirit, God, the divine - whatever you want to call it, it doesn't matter.

A state of being sometimes attained when meditating, and then rudely pulled away by my relentless monkey mind.

I like this Buddhist interpretation of heaven -
    Another description much like mine. I like the Buddhist interpretation too.:)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Yeah, monkey minds--can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Jun 9, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    Yeah, monkey minds--can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
    If you have ever read anything by Eckert Tolle, you'll recognize the monkey mind. It is the egoic self that clutters the mind with all that noise. Getting it to shut up and let the real self make itself known is the challenge.

Jun 9, 2009, 10:15 AM

Well, its going to have really big houses...
    Streets of gold...
    Animals...
    No sadness...
    Worship...
    Perfect peace...
    FOOD!.
    Love...
    We're going to have heavenly bodies...
    We're going to have revelation to know who like Abraham, Esther, and other Bible people are...
    And a lot more description, but I can't think of more right now...

Jun 9, 2009, 10:28 AM
    well, its going to have really big houses....
    streets of gold.....
    animals....
    no sadness....
    worship....
    perfect peace....
    FOOD!!!!!.....
    love...
    we're going to have heavenly bodies....
    we're going to have revelation to know who like Abraham, Esther, and other Bible people are....
    and alot more description, but i can't think of more right now...
    Speaking for myself, big houses, gold streets, heavenly bodies. They hold no value for me in heaven. Heaven is feeling the pleasure and euphoria of what some of these things might have done for us on this planet, but we won't need them. We will be above all that and the peace, happiness, euphoria we feel will just be a state of consciousness. The directive of all stuff or things , or mostly the conditions that brought us joy before. It's unconditional joy without all the trappings. Without it being conditional over anything. Couldn't care less about Abraham, or Esther. Of course none of us actually knows anything, we just have our best guess based on our beliefs or up bringing.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2009, 11:33 AM
    well, its going to have really big houses....
    streets of gold.....
    animals....
    no sadness....
    worship....
    perfect peace....
    FOOD!!!!!.....
    love...
    we're going to have heavenly bodies....
    we're going to have revelation to know who like Abraham, Esther, and other Bible people are....
    and alot more description, but i can't think of more right now...
    I didn't think the bible said streets of gold among other things were in heaven :confused:, didn't think god liked bling :D
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jun 11, 2009, 02:37 PM

I think this is the longest description of Heaven given. New Jerusalem is the same as Heaven.

Rev 21:10-22:5
    10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
    11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
    12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
    13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
    14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
    16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
    17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
    18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
    19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
    20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
    21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
    22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
    23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
    24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
    25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
    26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
    27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

CHAPTER 22

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
    2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
    3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
    4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
    5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
    (KJV)

Isn't it strange though that most people think they can describe Hell better than they can Heaven?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 03:01 PM

Heaven is the largest library ever put together, with the ability to read every language ever written.

Jun 11, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    I think this is the longest description of Heaven given. New Jerusalem is the same as Heaven.

Rev 21:10-22:5
    10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
    11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
    12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
    13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
    14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
    16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
    17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
    18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
    19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
    20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
    21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
    22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
    23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
    24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
    25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
    26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
    27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

CHAPTER 22

1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
    2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
    3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
    4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
    5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
    (KJV)

Isn't it strange though that most people think they can describe Hell better than they can Heaven?
    Here's the problem. Most of all that stuff is just meaningless to me. It is tangible and that holds no value.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Here's the problem. Most of all that stuff is just meaningless to me. It is tangible and that holds no value.
    But, sheesh, ain't there a lot of bling... jasper, emerald, gold, topaz, sapphire...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can You Describe Heaven? [ 28 Answers ]

Please give me a description (what you imagine) heaven to be like! Pleasee

Describe squatters law [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know the exact wording of Florida's squatters law.

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

Describe Heaven [ 17 Answers ]

This is for people who believe in a life after death. Does your belief influence the way you live your life? If yes, please describe what you anticipate this life will be like.

View more questions Search