Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2003, 10:32 AM
    Destination file is write protected
    Hello,
    I'm trying to install a program and I'm getting this error message

Warning - Can not copy file D:\temp\SETUP1.EX_ since the destination file is write protected

I click Ok then another message appear
    Invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue

Then
    Setup wasn't complete successfully

PS: I already install this program before formating my harddisk but now it's not installing.

Using Win98SE

Check out some similar questions!

How to disable the Write Protected 128 Mb pen drive (frontech). [ 21 Answers ]

Hi ,I having 128 Mb flash drive of Frontech company.for some unknown reason that showing "write protected ,disable it to use" message is coming.I tried several ways but not succeeded.how to disable that write protected flash drive.presently it allows to copy from the drive but not to that drive and...

Fav Holiday Destination [ 17 Answers ]

Ok all, Never started a thread like this and it has probably been done but just thought id ask. What is everyone's favourite holiday destination in the world. Ill start. Im from oz and it is long way to the travel anywhere but I've been lucky enough to do a bit. Mainly Europe and Asia.

Protected Storage Server [ 1 Answers ]

I have Win98 with this PSTORES.EXE on it when I click on display active tasks in the winpatrol program. What is it, what does it do or protect and is the program needed on the computer? If not needed how do you OR should you get rid of it?

Floppy disk permanently write protected [ 1 Answers ]

The computer always displays the Write Protect error message, even if the write protect tab is in the write position. Can you tell me how to solve this problem?

Copied Excel 2003 write protected [ 4 Answers ]

I want to use an Excel file from my desktop PC on my laptop. When I copy an UNPROTECTED excel 2003 file the copy is always WRITE PROTECTED and the check boxes are greyed out. I cannot save with a new name and unprotect it as access is denied. I am using Nero to burn the CD Any help much...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.