Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajunmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Deeding back property/foreclosure
    :confused: I purchased a condo 1yr ago and recently had a disaster clean up crew in due to extreme flooding from cracks in the foundations and raingutters in stalled in correctly etc. The basement is destroyed , l lost 1100 sq ft carpenting ,paneling . Est. to repair $20.000 +

Condo assoc. refuses help, same with insurance , I will be unable to work for sev. Mo due to major surgery there is no $ for repairs.

I don't believe its even marketable, I certainly wouldn't buy such a problem.
    What options are available to me , without getting slapped to hard.

Needed help asap
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Sue someone,

You can merely stop paying and let them forclose but after they sell the property you will owe them the differnce between your loan and what it sells for plus costs of the foreclosure and sell.

And yes unless you have flood insurance, you are not insured for flood,

If the builder did not build the property correctly, or if there was some changes done by a contactor they should be liable for not doing the foundation or gutters and the such property. ( but they of course will come back and ask why this was not fouind on the home inspection that you did)

Also if any of these problems occurred in what your association defines in its bylaws as community property, then yes they should be liable for those repairs.

So it is time to hire an attorney and sue someone for not doing their job in building these condos properly.

Next of course I would get another est since 20,000 for carperting and paneling seems very very high.

But no way to walk away from it and not owe a lot of money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

One of our properties is in process of foreclosure. The bank locked up the property. Do we still have obligation of paying property tax? The worst of all, we have a second mortgage. How sholud we deal with these entities? Thank you

Deeding your home back to the bank [ 9 Answers ]

If a senior citizen is forced to deed his/her house back to the bank, will that affect the senior citizen's credit rating?

Foreclosure [ 7 Answers ]

At the age of 18 my parents told me to sign for a trailer for my sister. I understood that she was first, then my step dad and then Me. So I was the co-cosigner. At that age I didn't know what I was doing. Now, 10 years later I found out that I am to co signer, and the bank is after me for the...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

View more questions Search