Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terylynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 12:09 PM
    How to introduce yourself to potential new customers
    We have been in business for over 34 yrs. And usually do quite well but with the economy the way it is, I would like to send a letter of introduction to potentially new customers to let them know about our business. We repair and restore classic, antique and muscle car gauges, radios, clocks, dash clusters, various headlight and wiper motors, etc. It's a unique business and when we started, we were one of the first of our kind.

I'm usually really good at producting letters but wanted to see if I could get a fresh input from somewhere else. I would really appreciate any input anyone might be able to give me.

Thank you!

TerryLynn
    awing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 07:34 AM

I am having a problem with intro of new business. We do surgical instrument repair. I am starting mine off with...
    Dear __________
    I am eager to inform you of our new local business ____________ We are located in ___________________ and specialize in _________________________. Thant's about all I got. If you have a few ideas I would appreciate it.. May be you could start with

Dear ___________
    Are you aware that ______has been around for 34 years? We specialize in storation of classic, antique and muscle cars, gauges, radios, clocks, dash clusters, various headlight and wiper motors, etc. It's a unique business and when we started, we were one of the first of our kind.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 15, 2009, 08:22 AM

Hello terry:

Letters, schmetters... If you have a list of potential customers, I'd visit them personally, and take one of the restored muscle cars with me. On the way, I'd stop by a stock brokerage (or any place wealthy people hang out) and distribute my business cards.

Yours is a personal business. I think they need to meet YOU. Plus, the car (cars) itself should be a HUGE sign for your business.

excon
    angry_pandit Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 08:30 AM

I am into web designing, and running an online classifieds myself, it truly depends on what kind of reach you want to have, local, national, international, in either case with so many varieties of online services, exclusive just like yours, spend some time on Google, I am sure there are couple of guys, catering exclusively to your target audience, the trick is to check for the extra services they are providing, like sms, news letters, how good is their search function, because through the internet you can not only connect to a new client but with appropriate presentations, you can convince someone to restore their old car. Its all about communication in the end. Hope it provided any insight, cheers!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 28, 2009, 10:38 AM

Hi, TerryLynn!

Yes, visiting personally and bringing examples of what you've done is an excellent idea! There's also the possibility of people doing searches on the Internet for the type of service that you can provide.

If you would like to know how to advertise on the Internet for free and be able to maximize your exposure when doing online advertising, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    anmol1301 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 01:34 AM

I ve newly started a travel agency in pune,
    Want to introduce my agency to the companies nand other travel partners. So ,I want to write professional business letter , can you please help...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 30, 2009, 02:41 PM

Hi, anmol1301!

You should really start a new thread with your question. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. You've posted your question on someone else's thread.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sending a letter to introduce myself to potential client [ 4 Answers ]

I have just been certified as a signing agent. I would like to send out a letter and business card introducing myself and hopefully getting some business. I need help!

Need an intoduction letter to potential customers [ 1 Answers ]

I need an intoduction letter sample

Types of customers [ 2 Answers ]

HI All, Thx a lot for answering the question. It helped a lot. Appreciate it. I have another question though! :) How may types of customers do you come across in the customer service industry?

Charging customers VAT [ 1 Answers ]

Need help. I work for a sole trader who now due to the amount of income coming in has to charge VAT. Can I have advice on how best to go about informing customers of this in a letter? How should I set this out?:)

Trying to keep customers happy [ 4 Answers ]

This is a question for some of the plumbers that I see giving advice to others on here. If a person buys a product at the hardware stores and ask you to install it for him how do you determine what you might charge and how do you explain to the customer that he is actually not saving money in...

View more questions Search