Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suz1245 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Need formula for speed without having time component
    Hello>
    Can someone help me with this?

A vehicle travelling skidding 81ft to point of impact. How do you determine how fast the vehicle was going?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 11:22 AM

Well, I don't see any ways of solving this. Did you miss any information, such as the force of impact, the frictional force..
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 11:31 AM
    A vehicle travelling skidding 81ft to point of impact. How do you determine how fast the vehicle was going?
    You need the coefficient of friction between the tires and the road if you wish to calculate it. There are lots of sites that have approximations if you wish to look at them (they estimate 37-44 mph on dry blacktop)

speed estimates, skid marks, speedchart
    Skid Marks
    Accident reconstruction speed calculator

Google more sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speed Formula [ 5 Answers ]

I'm just curious if you would use the same formula for this problem as any other speed problem. Distance traveled/time elapsed Time = distance/speed Question: Sheerwood is a bicyclist. He makes a daily ride of 40mph at a constant speed. If he trains hard, he can increase his speed by 4 mph,...

Speed Formula. [ 4 Answers ]

What is the formula for speed?

Speed Formula [ 3 Answers ]

What is a speed formula and how can I make one?

Formula for speed [ 2 Answers ]

What is the formuls for speed:o :confused:

Speed formula help [ 6 Answers ]

OK I am taking my first physics class and I am not doing too great in it, but the good thing is this is only the first week of class. My question is about the speed formula. I know that the formula is S=D/T, but I still get the problems wrong even thow I plug in the numbers right. Here is an...

View more questions Search