Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krisb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 10:05 AM
    President
    Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2006, 11:37 AM
    See the 22nd Amendement:
    1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

The answer is no, he can't. The scary answer is that Dubya's father COULD run again.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Sep 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Amendment XXII - Presidential Term Limits. Ratified 2/27/1951. History1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

What I do find interesting about the 22 amendment... the amendment does not mention that the President could not be elected to office as the Vice president... after serving two full terms as president

Sep 28, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNAGODDESS
    What I do find interesting about the 22 amendment...the amendment does not mention that the President could not be elected to office as the Vice president...after serving two full terms as president
    Ok, so Hilary runs with Bill as her running mate. Hilary then gets assassinated and Bill takes over for the balance of her term, but can't run again.

:D
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Sep 28, 2006, 01:51 PM
    The secretary of state Powell will be the president... like I wrote there is a problem here... no mention in the constitution to prevent a former president from holding any high office or is this the golden back door... a loop hole... after all we the people do not elect the president... some unknown group of people that probably own land and hold high financial status will make the decision of whom will hold an the highest off in this country... for example Ronald Reagan... he ran two terms and Clinton had the numbers of the people and so did Gore but the electoral college gave the office to George Bush...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2006, 04:25 PM
    How about Jimmy Carter, I don't think he actually offended anyone

Sep 28, 2006, 04:44 PM
    The secretary of state Powell will be the president
    I disagree. The 22nd Amendment does not prevent someone from SERVING as President more than 2 terms, only form being ELECTED as President more than twice. Therefore, if a former presidnet was elected as Vice President, they could succeed to the office of President if the President was no longer able to function. They could not run again though.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2006, 06:25 PM
    The secretary of state Powell will be the president...
    Didn't Powell resign in 2004?

Isn't Ms. Rice the US Secreaty of State?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2006, 09:09 PM
    Im not american but I believe you are right CaptainForest. I thought Miss Rice was the Secretary of State.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2006, 10:09 PM
    http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/08/...clinton.08.01/

Written by vice dean and law professor at columbia univ. leading up to the 2000 elections concerning the gore ticket and whether it could include bill clinton. It is dated, but addresses the issues discussed here.

Basically says someone like clinton, or in the future W, could run as veep, and then serve as pres if needed. Obviously, there would be challenges such a situation. But this prof says it could legally happen, however unlikely.

Sep 29, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Yes Condi is currently Sec of State

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Female president [ 32 Answers ]

How come we never have a girl for a president?

If you were president [ 9 Answers ]

If you were president what would you do to fix the Untied States problems.

President beliefs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, so I can't really find anything on what these presidents believed in politicaly, so yeah could u help me out? Name- Political Beliefs- George Washington- _____________ John Adams- _____________ Thomas Jefferson- _____________ James Madison- _____________ James Monroe- _____________...

From congress to US President [ 3 Answers ]

Who was the last person to go from US congress to US President? Thanks in advance Fred :confused:

President vs. Congress [ 0 Answers ]

Should the President or Congress lead the country? Why? Is it possible to have both lead at the same time? If yes, how? If no, why not?

View more questions Search