Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 13, 2009, 07:30 PM

Please let us know what they find.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 05:24 AM

Tiff, it is ridiculous that they installed a new pump and didn't run a check on the pump before they left. A new pump generally needs to sit there and run non stop for an hour or so just to get rid of muddy water caused by pulling the old pump and putting in the new one. They certainly should have checked the pumps volume.
    Tiffsue73 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 01:20 PM
    Well, they couldn't run a good test because I found out the well ran dry after pumping it for 8 minutes. Nice huh? They checked everything else again today and found clog somewhere between well and house in addition to they checked the well again and ran the water directly at the well and only got 8 minutes run time before the water ran out. So wouldn't pay to put new lines in if the pump is so low producing. Great so we need a new well drilled. Tiffany

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CLOG! Big one! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so, my sink is clogged... completely. None of it will drain out. I have taken the pipes apart directly under the sink and the clog isn't there so I am guessing it has to be somewhere under the house. I have tried drain-o and all kinds of other products. I have tried bleach and everything. It's...

Clog toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet will not flush properly. It runs OK for a few days then it clogs,I use a snake and it takes a while to unclog. Then its OK for a while. Can I use a garden hose to maybe unclog it. I have even changed the toilet and it will last for a while then the problems re- occurs. Thank You...

Not sure if it's a clog [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a two story, 4 bed, 2.5 bath town-home. This morning, I flushed my downstairs toilet, and found it to be clogged. I used a plunger and Drano but to no avail. When I went down to the basement I discovered that my utility sink was full of water then I flushed the toilet again...

Tub Clog [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been having a continuous problem with the tub backing up. I have used Draino a couple of times, but I've been told that I should not be doing this since the house is old (1920)... I did have a plumber come out once, but he said that the tub and bathroom was done kind of cheap when it was...

Where's the partial clog? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, we're having a problem with a partial clog. When the washing machine empties, the back master bathroom toilet bubbles violently and we smell sewer gasses. There is a hall bathroom which is next to the laundry room, and that toilet's water will only waver and not bubble. However, most of the...

View more questions Search