Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brittany124 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 02:22 PM
    13 indictments and no lawyer?
    Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was wondering if he doesn't have a lawyer what will the judge do? Will he appoint him one or will he put off the date again? If he does put it off will he get out that day or will he have to sit int here and wait until he goes back to court. I don't know much about the law and I am real confused right now. I need help as soon as possible. Thank you so much. Oh and I live in TN in case you need to know. These are for auto burglary. I know it sounds bad but please try not to be real judgemental.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 13, 2009, 02:24 PM
    In Tennessee it's going to matter, in part, what the indictments are for so that you can get the best answer.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 03:08 PM

Hello B:

Since the court date you mention is 5 days away, I'll assume that he had an arraignment. That's where bail would have been set, and he would have been asked about a lawyer. It was THEN that he could have and should have requested that he be appointed one.

If that didn't happen, he needs to ask for a lawyer the very next time he's in court. He must tell the judge that he cannot continue until he has a lawyer.

None of this has to do with him being released. If you can make bail he'll be released. Otherwise, not.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-bar lawyer [ 22 Answers ]

I am looking for a professional private non-bar licensed LAWYER to complete legal and financial project. Payment is percentage of financial project

Can I act on my own without a lawyer [ 4 Answers ]

What do I need to do so I can go in front of a Judge to ask him about why every form I submit is denied. My lawyer doesn't seem to know what he is doing. My son was in a car accident with my sister, the settlement was put into a blocked account for my son which he is a minor. When we first...

Looking for a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

My mother-in-law recently died and her sons can not find her will. She had stated before she died that she had it all taken care of with a lawyer, but they can't find a name or business card. They did find something that said alliance for mature adults. They called a number but it was not in...

Need a lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I am being discriminated against by wv law courts etc.

Hit By Lawyer ! [ 4 Answers ]

Lawyer Backed Into Me At Block Buster; As I Was Dropping Off Video. Claims It Was My Fault. I Say He Was Negelant, He Did Not Make Sure It Was Safe Or That It Was Clear Before He Backed Up.

View more questions Search