Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Taking Links Off Tables
    If you have tables that are linked, and you want to make a new file of an original database. How do you take the links off the tables, so you can delete record in one file without the records being deleted in both files?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2009, 11:08 AM

I answered this. You either use Linked Table Manager to change the links to a different back end file. Or you import the tables into the front end, deleting the linked tables.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anuitty tables [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone explain annuitties in lay mans terms.

Oh how the tables have been turned.What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Well its been around 7 months to a year since I saw my old cat princess... The other day when my mom was in town, she saw the lady who used to live across the road from us(renting a house) and asked her if they took my cat. She said yes. This really shocked my mom, as they knew she was ours and had...

10 Tables combined [ 6 Answers ]

I have 10 tables that all have the same columns with the same names. I have created a new table that has all those same field names. I want the rows in all 10 tables to pull into one table or query. Would prefer a table. I would just combine all the tables but they're linked from other...

Help with Multiplication tables [ 25 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old in 2nd grade. They are learning their multiplication tables, but my daughter is just not retaining anything we go over. We have tried just having her memorize and we have tried explaining that 2 x 3 is 2 added up 3 times. I have tried flash cards, quizzing her, etc. Any...

View more questions Search