Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
    I loathe Facebook
    Everyone I knew begged me to open up an account. So I did for a week. My hotmail filled up with friend request from people who I haven't talked to in 20 years (yeah I was 11 years old 20 years ago). Then people who I accepted friend requests with started complaing because I don't post anything my response was do you really need to know I;m at work, Now I'm leaving work, Now I'm home, got to go deadliest catch is on.

Then I closed my account and my actual friends call me upset saying how come I am not their friend anymore. My only response was I am only your friend in real life. And they were still mad. What is wrong with people. Why do people want to know every mundane detail of my boring day. And are people so starved for attention that they feel the need to tell me every detail of their boring day. Feel free to defend or rip apart Facebook this was really a vent for me.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

May 13, 2009, 09:24 AM
    I totally agree, most people on Facebook are either punk teenagers or adult losers who need to get a life.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Weird, my friends don't hound me that way. I post the odd Status Update and check my friends updates. I don't care who else is on there just the people in my friends network. I've ignored friend requests and I've un-friended a couple of people along the way.
    I don't like the recent changes but it's not a killer app for me just a diversion, like this website for instance.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 09:44 AM
    I so so so agree. I feel the same way about MySpace. Its so stupid. Maybe for teenagers its great. But I have some friends that are 36 and they base there life and relationships on it. Like "oh my god this so and so girl posted on Jasons myspace" Who cares! Grow up and get real life friends.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Weird, my friends don't hound me that way. I post the odd Status Update and check my friends updates. I don't care who else is on there just the people in my friends network. I've ignored friend requests and I've un-friended a couple of people along the way.
    I don't like the recent changes but it's not a killer app for me just a diversion, like this website for instance.
    I know what you mean!
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 09:48 AM

You should have seen the argument my brother and his wife got into because his ex girlfriend from 10 years ago posted a few pictures on her Facebook with him in it. What is he suppose to do the pictures are 10 years old. I sat there and laughed the entire time, man was she mad at me. I told her to grow up
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Point made, its childish really isn't it.
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 09:51 AM
    MySpace has become a joke site. Facebook is what you make it, who care what others do. I totally agree that real life friends are more important than big friend numbers in Facebook. Those that care about having a big number of Facebook friends are letting you know how shallow they are.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 13, 2009, 09:53 AM

I think the real concerning thing here is the fact that you watch the deadliest catch:P
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 09:55 AM

I love the deadliest catch. Those crabbing guys are funny as Hell. And I like going fishing and crabbing.

May 13, 2009, 10:01 AM

Lol, I've not seen it but maybe I'll give it a shot. Hell I'm really getting into Mantracker so I guess I shouldn't talk.

As for Facebook, I hated it after awhile. People just act differently on it, most use it for image and such. Ever since I left I have not ever thought of going back. If you can handle it than great, if it becomes annoying (friends), problematic (ex-friends or exes) than it can really become a tool for foolishness, also a colossal waste of time.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 10:02 AM

Oh Mantracker is awesome too!!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 10:03 AM

I am with Need on this one.. I think it is what you make it.

Facebook is the one place I can catch up with old schoolfriends who don't have the time to email or message too often.

They update their status & I know what they are up to. Some put up pics,some don't,but that's another way to update on friends/family who are not within meeting distance. :)

I was like you a while back SVenom,did not like the social websites at all,but all of it changed once I got in and found how easy it was to be in touch with people I care about.:)

Yeah, don't like the changes they do every so often,plus some of the groups in there are really crazy,but then I see them only when I choose to drop in. :D
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I love the deadliest catch.
    Dude, anything with Mike Rowe, he's awesome.

May 13, 2009, 10:07 AM

Lol Venom, you're the first I've heard say they like mantracker, most don't even know about it. Turns out the mantracker is from Alberta and last weeks episode was shot in Northern Ontario, kind of cool seeing as how I'm from Ontario. Ummm, I know a lot about the show because the same people that don't watch it or know about it told me.

Who needs Facebook when I can find people I have stuff in common with here, although you are a phillies fan.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 10:28 AM

Don't tell me you are a bluejays fan. Joe Carter still gives me nightmares. My wife hates mantracker so I tivo it and watch it when she is busy
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 13, 2009, 10:52 AM

I LOVE Facebook!

I simply do not have time to call or email so many people of my acquaintance, and since we moved frequently, I've been able to get back in touch with several people I've lost track of through the years.

Like ANY website, it is what you make it. Some people spend more time HERE chatting and talking about TV shows than they do answering questions---how is that different than updating your status on FB to say you're going home to watch "Lost" or how is setting up an event on FB any different than emailing your invitations to your baby shower?
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:25 AM

I guess my problem is for example my sister in law. She updates like every 10 minutes. I guess I wouldn't get so annoyed if maybe she posted something major on there like I'M Pregnant, that is fine. But to post eating dinner then 10 minutes later mmmm that was yummy, then 10 minutes later I'm tired from eating {yawn} then 10 minutes later getting coffee and on and on and on.

Plus for me if you aren't in my cell phone I don't give a Sh*t what you are up too.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Sorry about the double post.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:30 AM
    I opened an account because I have a relative who doesn't look at regular email too often . I have that relative and no one else in my friends group and ignore any other requests . Any message gets forwarded to my regular email server.

People who know me and I care for know how to find me without the use of that redundant and inferior site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't log into Facebook [ 6 Answers ]

I was wondering if i had a virus on my computer ive tried everyway to log into facebook and when i get to the beg of the page it goes back to this... we can't find "http://as.casalemedia.com/s?s=82460&u=ht..." what does that mean and i try refresh no luck i try loggin back in different ways no...

Can't log onto Facebook [ 1 Answers ]

I am a caveman when it comes to computers. :o Over the past week or so, I have been unable to log into Facebook. It opens halfway, and then nothing... I have no problem with other pagers I have Windows XP and using Google Chrome as web browser. Please, can anybody assist me with a solution??

Facebook Does Not Load [ 7 Answers ]

Help me please! This is what happens and I don't know why! I Type in the Facebook urland click enter: - In internet explorer the bar at the bottom indicating the loading stops about halfway, on a blank page. - In mozilla Firefox it will sometimes load the log in page, so I type in my email addy...

Facebook event [ 2 Answers ]

Do u have an Idea if I want to make an official Facebook event who shall I try to contact?

View more questions Search