Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loriar25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 10:01 PM
    I just had a baby 6 months ago could I be pregnant again??
    Hi I am 21 years old I just had my first baby in April and it was a rough pregnancy I found out that I have an autoimmune diease which one is not clear yet we just know I clot easily. Anyhow I developed Preeclampsia in my
    9th month of pregnancy and was induced 2 weeks before my due date. My daughter was born by C-section and I recovered rather quickly I had my heavy period for about 4 1/2 weeks it was gone by the beginning of June then I had my first period July 21st and it is now Sept 28th and I have not had my period again I have taken 10 home pregnancy tests thinking Oh it was too soon for that one and they all come back negative. I don't feel pregnant like I did with my daughter I have stomach pains and sometimes I feel a little nausea but nothing like when I was pregnant with my daughter. Im making a doctors appt for next week I was just hoping maybe I could get some insight before I go. Thanks :o
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 27, 2006, 11:09 PM
    If you are having unprotected (and sometimes protected) sex you could definitely be pregnant. No two pregnancies are the same, so a second pregnancy could be completely different than the first one.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2006, 04:13 AM
    Aqua is correct. However, it can take up to a year for your hormones to return to normal. Meaning that it can take up to a year before your periods are normal again.

Just make sure you are using protection if you do not want to become pregnant again.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2006, 07:32 AM
    A woman posted here just in the last few days about her sister being pregnant. She has a daughter who is just over a year and is about to deliver her second. So, yes, it absolutely can happen.

Yes, your hormones are all amiss and it could just as easily be your body going through all the changes that caused your period to stop.
    zrhodes Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Go to the doctor to see if you are pregnant. If not please get yourself some sort of burth control. Trust me you are to young to keep having children and, not married. What do you think will happen when you find someone that you want to marry but, you have to many kids? NOT CUTE... be safe and smart
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 9, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Ditto what everyone else said. My aunt had her children 10 months apart, so its possible. However, your hormones are a mess and it could be partly due to your strenuous pregnancy.

Write everything down so you are thourough at your doctors appointment :)
    francisob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 03:53 AM
    Getting off the point a bit here but, zrhodes comes across as a very negative and sad person in every view they seem to submit, can anyone please tell me is marriage the answer to everything. Don't see what that has to do with anything here. Myself and my partner are together over 11 years and have a 2 month old child, and guess what, we're HAPPY. I have a lot of friends who got married and then split up, sorry zrhodes but marriage doesn't seem to be the answer either
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2012, 07:17 AM
    My mother-in-law has three sons whose ages overlap, which means that by the time she went to her six weeks checkups, she was already pregnant again. The second son turned one right before the first son turned two. Then the third son turned one right before the second son turned two. Each son is about 11 months apart in birth. So yes it is possible to get pregnant shortly after giving birth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No period for 4 months but not pregnant? [ 16 Answers ]

Ok here it is my best friend who I have known for 18 years at least ( since we were 2) has not had her period in 4 months but every time she takes a pregnancy test it comes up negative.. how can that be.. I mean she is a little on the heavy side and I am really concerned.. I try and try to make her...

Just had baby 8 weeks ago, could I be pregnant again? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello there, Just had a quick question. I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I still haven't got my period yet, I did have sex 4 days ago and then again 3 days ago. Of course silly us we didn't use any protection. I started to bleed after having sex and I'm still bleeding now. Not really like a...

Girlfriend Pregnant, baby isn't mine [ 28 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a predicament I thought I would never find myself in and would like your advice on the situation. Im 21 and have been dating this girl for 4 months, she is also 21. A month ago she told me she was pregnant and it was from a guy that she had a one night stand with she didn’t use...

I'd like to know where I'll be in the next 6 months [ 7 Answers ]

Goodday my name is tolu I'm a male and I'd just like to know what and where I'll be in the next six months. Cheers

8 Months and no sex [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I need some advice on my girlfriend. We have been seeing each other for around 8 months now and I hate to admit it but we isn't had much of a physical relationship (were both 21). I'm quite shy and haven't had much experience with relationships.she knows this however its only ever myself who...

View more questions Search