Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

May 12, 2009, 07:50 PM
    Should you give a cleaning proposal onsite?
    I was asking if I should I give a cleaning proposal on site or wait??
    Does size effect the timing?

To answer your question as to what I would do concerning this:... I would never... never give a price or a proposal during or even shortly after a walk through or over the phone, no matter how much I was pressured to do so. Too many pitfalls and to many opportunities to make mistakes. And, in my opinion, it is less than professional, to me professionalism is utmost. By the way, unlike many others, I always wear a suit when I am in front of a prospect.

Too many times over the many years that I have been doing this, I have found that later as I sat down and thoroughly looked over the job I found that I saw something that I didn't before. Things that would have gravely affected my pricing.

And besides, you always want to present and deliver a professional proposal which also CYA. It also gives you a chance to see the prospect again and getting in front of them again helps build rapport... and a chance to get more information and present yourself on a one on one. This is not always possible though, I understand, sometimes you have the chance to only deliver the proposal, and that is fine also.

I wasn't trying to be controlling when I said to put these questions on the board... but I am only seeking to help those who may read it and benefit in some way...

Stringer

May 12, 2009, 07:58 PM

I understand what you mean though... Typically how many days should you wait to give the proposal? Does it matter how big the job is?

A lot of times there is a 'bid due' date and that is usually 1 to 2 weeks after the walk through and receipt of the bid package and specs. In other cases, after you have all the information I usually tell them that I will have a proposal within the next week or so... if that is not satisfactory they will tell you, but I usually take at least a minimum of three work days to carefully figure my price/s.

If they go below 5000sq ft sohuld I charge hourly?

I never quote hourly, always monthly and so much easier.

I also had a question about medical buildings... do you need a airborn pathogen license? I read an article about something like that..

Not that I am aware of. I will tell you though that you should research OSHA on line for methods and 'rules' for cleaning medical accounts. This is a strict and possibly dangerous market if you do not know what you are doing and what exactly is required. We have a 'Hazardous Communication Program' which details exactly;y what we will do and how we do it with all the cautions required for the protection of patients, staff and your people. This is an accumulation of constantly updated information concerning this. This is something that you will have to research and put together yourself... the information is there you will have to do due diligence... OSHA.

I typically wear my work uniform with dress pants... is this being under dressed?

Well... to each his own, I know some that do. And the reaction isn't negative, I don't think. But like I said, professionalism and I have always believed that it shows respect to the person you are talking with.

Also what is a CYA?

Cover your .

Cleaning, once again I suggest that you take these questions and create a new thread, that is the purpose of all this. Someone else in Tallahassee may be interested also.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

May 12, 2009, 08:29 PM

Are you talking to yourself? IDK about anyone else, but I'm really confused on what your asking. It seems the questions you are asking are also being answered by you

May 12, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sGt HarDKorE View Post
    Are you talking to yourself? IDK about anyone else, but im really confused on what your asking. It seems the questions you are asking are also being answered by you
    Haha I know

I am posting a private message between me and another member *STRINGER*

So everyone can learn from the questions I asked him

I know its confusing
    FacilitySupport Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Aug 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Wow, I haven’t been to this site for a while and when I return I find mention of the Healthcare Industry in a commercial cleaning thread. The potential client market offered by the Healthcare Industry is a business all to itself and an incredible one.

99% of the typical (non-medical) commercial cleaning accounts available for bid will be awarded based on a number of factors, with price weighing heavily. Because price is a substantial determining factor, we find accounts that seem to change from one cleaning vendor to another on a regular basis. After the initial 90 days, the level of service seems to deteriorate and the relationship between client and vendor becomes adversarial. The red flag signifying a problem with the service is obvious. The facility is dirty, just that simple. With typical cleaning account facilities, this scenario repeats over and over. It’s not dangerous, just dirty and annoying.

The level of service with Healthcare Industry cleaning accounts cannot be allowed to deteriorate. It’s just plain dangerous. People can become sick or worse. Patients, visitors, your client’s employees and your people are all at risk if you don’t get it right. You mentioned airborne pathogens. That heads up is correct and even more in the limelight are the blood borne pathogens. We find these little critters in the spills(accidents) on the floor and generously scattered over all the horizontal surfaces and in the sinks. Healthcare commercial cleaning would also include an understanding of working with bio-hazard waste (red bags) and sharps containers (spent needles). Although most medical facilities have a separate vendor to remove their bio-hazard waste, it’s typical for the cleaning company to be responsible for collecting the waste and sharps containers and relocating all this to a central point for pick up. Kind of scary stuff when you first hear about it and it is. You must take this very seriously. We don’t always get a second chance.

I offered a brief synopsis of Healthcare Industry cleaning as a way to justify higher prices, strong long term relationships and referrals that will help a business owner retire early. Once a Commercial Cleaning vendor is truly skilled in this field, they can be considered top of their field.

Cleaningman23 suggested OSHA correctly. I would also suggest you research J.C.A.H.O. (Joint commission of accredited hospital organizations). They are one of the governing bodies responsible for inspecting and rating hospital organizations. Their ratings determine many factors including funding to the hospital. J.C.A.H.O. regulates many aspects of the hospital. Their requirements and guidelines for cleaning offer good benchmarks for a Commercial Cleaning vendor to aspire toward.

“J.C.A.H.O. ready” is an incredible level of service to share with a medical facility and will justify a profitable annual rate when bidding with your prospects. Explain to a typical non-medical prospect how it would be too difficult to offer varied levels of service to different types of accounts. It’s easier to maintain all your accounts to the J.C.A.H.O. standards and justify a strong bid to them also.

Anyhow, good luck with your bids!
    - Thomas Anthony
    Facility Support Services
    (acleaningbid.com)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 10:06 PM

Hi Clean,

So how is your world? Are you out there knocking on doors? Have you gotten any new business?

Perseverance, honesty, sweat and knowledge, some of the things necessary to succeed.

Hi Anthony,

It is great to get the perspective of the client. I agree with everything you posted. I would like to talk further sometime.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 01:27 AM
    Hi, Cleaningman23!

I too, would like to know how things are going with you.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning co. Proposal letter. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend, that start up a cleaning company , he ask me to help him, on writing a proposal.. how I do this. I was looking to get free templates or something. Thank you..

How do I write a cleaning proposal [ 5 Answers ]

Just starting new cleaning business HELP

Cleaning Service Proposal [ 2 Answers ]

How do I write a proposal for a cleaning service? Please help

Proposal for cleaning business [ 4 Answers ]

I need some tips on how to put a proposal together. With all these new foreclosures Going on in my area, I wanted to target the banks and real estates agents because they need people constantly to clean. H E L P me P L E A S E CAD

Should I give her my proposal letter, she may go. [ 6 Answers ]

HI, My name is Mark and I'm 27 years old. At the moment I am working and my girlfriend is 21 turning 22 in a month. I met her when she was 18 1/2 and we have been together 3 1/2 years. When we first met we both kind of played hard to get and adventually I got with her. After a bit I asked her to be...

View more questions Search