Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bb0808 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 03:07 PM
    Could I be pregnant?
    I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend (from Sept 2 to Sept 6) before I started my period on Sept 6. And through Sept 10. I was on the pill but it was my first month. It was a short period. Mine usually last for 6 or 7 days. But it stopped on the 11. I spotted (it was very very light pink) on the 15 and 16th. Is there any possible way that I could be pregnant? Or anybody with similar stories? Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 27, 2006, 03:21 PM
    As long as you are having sex it is always possible you are pregnant.

I know, you are on the pill, so was I and my son turned 20 on Sept 13. My other will turn 19 on March 16. So, the pill is not foolproof. The only way you will know that you are not pregnant is not to have sex.

That said, the first 30 days on the pill are the most unreliable. Depending on the pill, your period may be lighter than usual and last a shorter amount of time. It all depends on your hormonal situation and the kind of pill you are on.

Good luck, I hope for your sake you are not pregnant, just understand that there is ALWAYS a possibility no matter what form of birth control you use.

Sep 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
    I should'nt have asked " if theres any possible way, because I know of the possibilties" Maybe just how likely? But I wasn't asking as if I were in fear of it. Just curiosity. I am 2o years old. So, you were on the pill when you got pregnant with BOTH of your children?
    Expert

Sep 27, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Yes, I was on the pill with both. I took it religiously at the same time every day!! Oh, yeah, and I lost one to miscarriage who would now be 22.

We have another poster here who went through that also with his wife. KP may chime in on this discussion, I hope he does.

How likely at this point is still up in the air, maybe 50/50.

Thanks for clearing the air about understanding the possibilities, many people do not understand.

Just know that it is possible and that if it happens it is easier for him to walk away than it is you. I am sure you are making the best decisions for your circumstances.

Sep 27, 2006, 05:39 PM
    If I were. I would be stable enough to care for the child on my own. We have talked about the possibility in the past and he said he would always be there. But again you never know, when someone is faced with this it may take a U turn. I would def like to know KP advice as well. I will keep you posted.
    Expert

Sep 27, 2006, 06:00 PM
    I am glad you are stable. And yes, many do make a U turn.

I am not sure where KP is right now, but if he sees this post, he has wonderful advice too.

I wish you all the best. You sound like you have "your head on straight."

Keep us posted. And, oh, yeah, welcome to AMHD!!

Oct 4, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Ok, I was supposed to start yesterday 10/3. Im not having any of my usual cramping and back pain. My periods are very regular and are 28 days ALWAYS. Starting Sunday I started getting hot flashes, I have gotten them like 5 or 6 times a day, since then. I took my temperature yesterday and it is a couple degrees above my regular. I have noticed that my breasts are a bit fuller in the last few days. Yesterday alone, I went to the restroom 20 some times. Also I have been having nausea and dizzy spells at night. I couldn't wait so I took a pregnancy test this morning and it came out negative. Could it be that its still to early?

Oct 4, 2006, 03:16 PM
    I need some input! Please help me out.
    Expert

Oct 4, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Yes, bb, it could still be early. There are more false negatives than there are false positives.

However, you are 20, and your hormones do not completley balance out until the age of 25 or 28. So this could be just an abnormal period.

For now, just treat yourself as if you are pregnant. That way you know you are healthy just in case you are.

Oct 4, 2006, 05:48 PM
    I have never missed a period.Or had one be late.So this is just a bit weird for me. I have had my period for almost 11 years. I will def. treat myself like I am.
    I have also been extremely tired. Everyday so far this week I have gotten off work, came home and slept. And I still fall asleep at my normal bedtime.
    Expert

Oct 4, 2006, 06:20 PM
    It does sound as though you are pregnant. Please make an appointment with your doctor for a blood test. That will tell for sure.
    WaitingMother22 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 10, 2007, 10:00 AM
    No I Doubt It But In Thirty Days Check For Sure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search