Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squirrely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Replacement condenser fan motor wires are too short - now what?
    The wires are about 10 inches too short. In normal wiring one would make a junction box and wire up extensions, but there is no place for a junction box inside the unit, of course. The original fan motor also used a flexible metal conduit, although the new fan wires appear to be overinsulated for outdoor use. I will have to use a dedicated ground if I eliminate the metal conduit, and one is on the new motor but I will have to extend this as well. How do I proceed?

I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. A 'reputable' company wanted to charge me $500 bucks to replace this motor. I think not.
    BJP476 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
    You Can Try Running New Wires From Your Contactor To The Motor And Use Wire Nuts. JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAPE THE CONNECTIONS AND WIRE TIE THEM OUT OF THE WAY OF THE FAN
    KidChaos Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Sep 29, 2013, 03:10 AM
    Butt connectors are much slimmer, if you must use wire nuts stagger them so al are not in one spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well motor -Short Cycling [ 13 Answers ]

Old houses... great aren't they? I have a new dilema. Seems as though the well motor is beginning to short cycle during a shower or if the washer is running. I would suspect the pressure switch, however I do not know which side is the low side and which is the high side, nor do I know where to...

Rheem RACB-030JAS residential A/C unit condenser fan motor replaced [ 26 Answers ]

I just replaced the condenser fan motor and it initially spun up then stopped, after 10 minutes it ran again then stopped. Now I can hear it buzz then stop but not spin. The original motor was a GE 5KCP39BG K075CS 1/6 HP 1075 RPM 208/230 V its replacement a Dayton 4M205G 1/4 hp 1075 RPM ...

3 wires + 2 wires  POOL MOTOR [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a motor for my pool. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it. 1 white, 1 black, 1 black with a white stripe. A continuity test on the 2 blacks says they are wired together somewhere. I have a power cable coming out of the ground. 1 white + 1 black cables inside. ...

Wiring of a Rheem Condenser fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

The motor looks to have 2 orange wires, 1 black wire, and 1 brown wire. Where do they go back to. Do the 2 orange wires go to the capacitor? Black go to contact + and brown to common? The 2 orange wires have continuity between them with no or little resistance. Are these both ground wires or...

Furnace Blower Motor replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker furnace with General 90 controller. My blower motor stopped working and when I try to turn it on it gets hot, smells like something burning and no air. Capicator was tested and it is OK. Motor is driving excessive current and just heats up. HVAC technician quoted $700 to...

View more questions Search