Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mschevy318 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Opiods additions
    I have had to back operations two leg operations and have been on percocet and lortab for years. I am tired of taking them and trying to get off them myself . How long will I feel better. I have been on them for about sixteen years and been to pain management. Please help me
    mschevy318 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 01:50 PM

I have had two back operations and two leg operations. I have been on opiods for about sixteen years.
    I am trying to get off them myself. How long will it be before I can tell if I can do it by myself
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

May 14, 2009, 12:31 AM

I feel your pain I truly do. I have 5 shoulder surgeries and I am still in agonizing pain. My doc also gives me butt loads of oxys and oxycodone... Its taking my life from me.. We are aggressively working on shoulder replacement so I can cut down.. The only way to go with out the is to taper down slowly on your own.. Talk to your doc first he can help just be honest and let him do his job to get you sober... Don't do it yourself you go insane go to your doc...
    PLease otherwise your body will convolse. Be good to you.my thoughts are with
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

May 14, 2009, 12:54 AM

Yes, you should probably be talking with your physician. Opiates are hard narcotics. He may want to monitor you and your reactions to the withdrawal. Be careful as with any drug withdrawal. Not everyone can go "cold turkey" and most drugs you want to slowly go off or taper off unless there is a severe case as an allergic reaction. Good luck to you and hang in there. Seek out a support group if necessary.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2009, 11:19 AM
    I'm going to be short and to the point (this post) I got to pick up my 7 year old from school, I've been there, and gone through the "try it yourself detox". Didn't work for me. I'm taking Suboxone. Look it up and see what you think. It has it's own analgesic effects, and along with 800 mg Motrin I'm Hydro and Oxy free. I still have pain that I'll deal with and tough out Thanks to the Suboxone, I have my life back. My wife can trust me to take care of my kids again. She's in Moscow right now, she's a stewardess with Delta, and knows I'm not spaced anymore. Two a day and there's no cravings or withdrawals. I'm truly amazed, and thankful. Ask your doctor.GOD bless you and good luck. I'll check back.
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

May 15, 2009, 10:04 PM

Hiya JM. I am really glad to hear you are doing better. I did look up Suboxon opiods additions

Forgive me. I cannot delete my post. I was trying to post an explanation of Suboxon along with a couple of questions. I'm sorry about that. I was just confused about the explanation. It sounded as if this drug was just as addictive and that you needed to take great precaution. Well I misread it and it was too late to delete it. Or at least I do not know how yet. My apologies and thanks again for your input. I am not addictied. They give me a headache. But I know several people that are. I will tell them about Suboxon. I'm just afraid because whenever you hear about a new drug, (I am not sure if it is new or how new) it's almost as if you are the guinea pig. But I will pass this info along. I trust what you have said and I sincerely am glad that you are well!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2009, 07:46 AM
    It's (Suboxone) been around since 2000 and is really not "new". Yes, it scares me too somewhat, that it has it's own dependences, but I'm not taking 17 or 18 a day like I was with the Oxycotin, (or crushing them up ). All I know is that they're working for me, and 60 last me a month, as prescribed.Good luck to all, and GOD bless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My pain management doctor denied me opiods [ 2 Answers ]

On my first visit to my pain management doctor I tested positive for marijuana. It is not something I do all the time and now he is dening me badly needed pain meds. How long does this last? Forever or if I continue to test negative will he then be allowed to prescibe for me? I am so confused and...

What are all in the opiods class [ 1 Answers ]

What are all in the opiods class and how long do they stay in system

New Additions to Ceiling Fan FAQ [ 2 Answers ]

I have written some new content for the Ceiling Fan FAQ on this forum. I am proud of it. So you should go read it. That is all. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electrical-lighting/ceiling-fan-troubleshooting-repair-frequently-asked-questions-46738.html

Room additions [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I live in Illinois. We want to build a 12x12 room addition. My question is... is it too late in the year to pour concrete. It did snow today a little bit. Should we wait until next year? If so, how soon would we be able to pour concrete? Thanks.

Ranch additions [ 2 Answers ]

My home is a 1000 square foot ranch with a breezeway and attached approx. 24x24 ft 2 car garage. What I'm wondering is what the cost would be to put on an unfinished second story across the whole house. I know that the foundation for my garage is good for a 2 story structure. Also the cost of an...

View more questions Search