Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glass-half-full Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Can I get a study permit while visiting canada.
    Hello,

Will I be able to apply for study permit while on a visit visa in canada??
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 12, 2009, 12:51 PM

In some cases yes, little more information would go along way here.

What school? What field of study? How long is the duration of the course?
    glass-half-full Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 01:05 PM

Actually I am ACCA student in Pakistan at the moment but recently I have become really interested in CGA program of Canada. So I plan to apply for visit visa to canada and than while in canada I want transfer credits to CGA and apply for a study permit. I know I will get exemptions for CGA because ACCA and CGA have a mutual agreement and maybe I will have to study for at least a year in canada to complete CGA.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

May 12, 2009, 01:44 PM

Visiting Canada in order to get a study permit would not be advisable. You need admission into the school before you can submit a study permit application. You'd want to apply to the school of your choice first, gain admission, submit your application to the closest visa office and if approved travel to Canada.

Without knowing your plans and circumstances, visiting Canada in order to get a study permit makes little sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a Work Permit while visiting Canada [ 23 Answers ]

If I enter Canada as a visitor and decide I want to stay and work, can I apply for a work permit while I'm in Canada, or do I have to return to the US and apply for the Work permit from the US. The same question goes for my boyfriend he would be entering Canada as a visitor from Mexico. I just...

Visiting/moving from US to Canada [ 1 Answers ]

I'm American and waiting on my permanent residency to Canada which was applied for in January and I understand it takes about two years.. How can I go back to my daughters there in Nova Scotia iin August and stay through the school year about 9 months (to babysit while my daughter teaches)? ...

Visiting Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Am a new member of this website. I would like to ask question regarding obtaining visa to Canada. I am a new immigrant to the US, I will have my gren card in the coming next months. My question is Can I visit Canada without the need to obtain Visa ? Could you please advise? Regards...

Visiting Canada [ 1 Answers ]

When visiting Canada from the states do you need a passport now?

View more questions Search