Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 11:51 AM
    What's the best way to sell my condo in MN?
    New to homeowning... Have a condo in St.Paul, MN. Want to sell. Who's the best company to go through to save me money? Condo only worth about $75,000, not many agents into it because they wouldn't make much money out of it I think. Any ideas?
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Sep 27, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Depends, why do you want to sell? In other words, what's your motivation?
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 01:27 PM
    Having a baby and moving back with the inlaws. Just don't want to spend too much money selling because the place isn't worth much to begin with.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Sep 27, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Have you considered leasing it? You have some time, I would consider hiring a "help u sell" agent. Because they require some assistance from you, the commissions are much lower. If you're still making payments and the payments are hefty, it makes sense to sell it asap, therefore, pay a more handsome commission to attract more selling agents to show your property and sell it, or...

(and my broker would kill me for suggesting this) you can go for sale by owner saving yourself the commission altogether or merely offering a "bonus" to anyone who refers a buyer (actually buys the property) to you, agents included. Commission is up to you if you choose that route, just remember, offering a higher commission almost always results in a faster sale and saving you another months mortgage payment.
    norcali Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2006, 08:57 PM
    Try using www.Craigslist.org -- they have a real estate for sale section. It's free and it's usually best suited for low-priced shoppers.
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 2, 2008, 09:57 PM
    There are investor groups that have lists of rent-to-own and lease-option buyers. These are great renters because they are on their way to ownership. Work with a mortgage broker to run credit to make sure they will be able to buy within a specified period. Good ones will be happy to help with the prospect of handling the mortgage once the owner buys. Referral fees are usually paid out of the lease option/down payment from the buyer with no cost to you (and no realtor fees)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water not available on some units in my condo [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: I live in a condo where there are 6 units to a building. I recently had to shut off the water supply to the entire building to replace a hot water tap in the kitchen dishwasher as part of a remodeling project (lots of banging, tearing). Now my neighbors downstairs are saying that they...

Condo leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, about a year ago my bathroom had to be torn down because of a leak from above. I am about to finish remodelling but I can see a leak coming through between the drywall I have in the ceiling. Before I finish patching it up and painting I want to have this fixed. I went upstairs and it...

California Condo law [ 1 Answers ]

Our condo complex has only four units. The homeowner who managed the financial and clerical aspects of our HOA died a few months ago. When her family put her condo on the market I made sure they were aware of the section in our CC&Rs that states "The Units shall be occupied and used by the...

View more questions Search