Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2003, 09:29 PM
    Safe mode
    I'm using ME 2000 and cannot get out of safe mode, even after selecting normal during the start up. How can disable the start up mode and return to normal?
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 16, 2003, 11:11 PM
    safe mode
    So... wait... are you using ME or 2000?

Do you remember in anything abnormal happened the last time you computer worked normally (new device driver, weird error message, etc?)

What happenns when you try to boot into normal mode?

If you installed a new program, try uninstalling it from safe mode. Also try running a virus scan and scandisk. Be sure to check device manager to see if anything is not marked as working (look for ! Mark, etc).

Good luck,
    ~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After winXP reinstall, screen looks like Safe Mode? 64 bit? How do I fix it? [ 7 Answers ]

I had to reinstall Windows XP on my parents computer and now, everything is HUGE! It looks like Safe Mode but with the background display and everything else in the XP style. Its like a 64 bit gaming system or something... How do I get it back to normal?

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

Symantec Problems in Safe Mode [ 5 Answers ]

I am infected with Trojan Startpage and following instructions from Symantec need to run AV in safe mode. I am not very knowledgeable on computers but managed to get XP to start in safe mode. When I try to run Symantec Antivirus it fails to start. It throws up an error that asks me whether I...

Unable to Access Safe Mode in XP SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

I am unable to start in Safe Mode in XPSP2, either by hitting F8 during boot up or using msconfig: BOOTINI/SAFEBOOT. Start up will not enter Safe Mode, but simply returns to the start up choices each time. Because of this, when I tried the msconfig method, the PC kept cycling and I could not enter...

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

View more questions Search