Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InLuVILLeGaLLy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Can an illegal immigrant get married for papers?
    I am engaged to be married, my fiancé is an illegal immigrant from Mexico, we have been together for over 2 years and have a 10 month old daughter together. He is a provider for the family and is a good father. I want to help him become legal in the US . That is the reason we are not married yet, because I am not sure how to go about doing this I know marriage to someone who entered illegally will not qualify him, but I am not sure what will. Should we go to mexico and get married ? Should he go back and I apply for a fiancé visa? Please help me! What would be the easiest way to go about this?? :confused:
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

May 11, 2009, 07:27 PM

It depends on the date and nature of the entry and his subsequent USCIS filings, if any.

If you are married to him and he is a visa overstay, his case is approvable under section 245(a). If he entered EWI, he will need to be eligible for section 245(I), this is a factual determination depending on when he entered, what he filed or if qualifying relatives filed for him or his parents.

If he doesn't qualify as above for AOS, he will need to apply for IV CP with a waiver. Difficult and very fact-specific.

He will not qualify for the K-1 visa.

See an experienced immigration attorney.
    aug22008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2011, 07:32 AM
    If you haven't already, visit www.immigrate2us.net. I know this message is 2 years old but I am more suggesting this site for others searching for answers to their immigration questions that stumble upon this page.
    angel carreno Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Jul 15, 2011, 01:39 PM
    If a kid came to america and is illegal but has been in the us for 16 years and is 17 now can he get papers ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I marry an mexican illegal immigrant even though I am a convicted felon?:confused [ 2 Answers ]

I'm with a mexican guy who has lived here for 7 years illegally. I love him with all my heart and am scared he may get deported. I need to know if I can marry him even though I am a convicted felon and if I can how hard will it be and what steps will I have to take?:(

Married to a illegal immigrant (Filing taxes) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Marilyn and I filed taxes with my husband in 2007 , I am applying to give my husband papers.. His appointment to the U.S embassy of honduras was on December1,2008 Everything went great.. The only problem is that they state that I must amend my taxes? I wonder why? My husband says...

Illegal Immigrant in Italy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Is there anyone out their that can help me? I am 58 years old and my boyfriend is some 22 years old - please do not all go errrr! It does happen. We have been together for 3 years in August, he loves me and I love him very much. We have been living in Italy, him illegally...

View more questions Search