Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carole Johansen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 06:19 AM
    Sewer smell in kitchen, wood cabinets smell
    I bought a house that had sewer smells in the kitchen probably for years. I found the problem and fixed the pipe. We gutted the kitchen and the smell is still there. The subfloor has an odor. And I am worried the tongue and groove underneath it might smell also. If we pull up the subfloor, leave the tongue and groove, put down fresh wood for the subfloor, and then ceramic tile it, would that contain the odor? Otherwise, what are my options.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 27, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Hi Carole,

Before you start tearing up floors check out OdorXit at: http://www.odorxit.com/PuOXTes2.php
    I've heard good reports on it. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer smell [ 3 Answers ]

A sewer smell started coming from the bathroom sink drain. I put bleach down it and its OK for a few hours and then its back. Could my vent pipe on the roof be clogged? Help!

Sewer Gas Smell [ 4 Answers ]

We have been having a problem with a bad smell that we think is sewer gas coming up through the shower drain when we flush the toilet in our back bathroom. We're not having the problem anywhere else in the house and at first we only noticed the smell, like I said, when we flushed that toilet. The...

Sewer Smell in house [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting what appears to be a sewer smell in my house that seems to be coming up from the basement. I have filled all the traps and the smell continues, from where I cannot tell. Over the past few years I have had a different problem as well. Roots have apparently worked their way into the...

Sewer smell [ 2 Answers ]

Oh Lord, I live in a 3 family home and I have there are 9 persons living in the home. (5 are tenants) and my family 4) anyway, lately, I have been smelling a sewerage smell... I am so embarrassed. I don't think I have a septic tank... we live in the bronx, ny... brick home. I read that I can...

Sewer smell in house [ 2 Answers ]

I get a sewer smell in my house. I had a hole in my cast iron vent stack and replaced it. I still get the smell. There is definitely odor problems at the sewre drain in the basement. Strangely, the problem is worst when it rains or is very humid. My house was built in the 50's and it looks...

View more questions Search