Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Malta Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Three unknown animated movie titles 80s/early 90s
    For the last couple years I've been on a quest to find all the movies I used to love as a kid. But I'm down to 3 that seem impossible! Maybe one of you can help me! :D

Movie 1 - I recently had a tiny break in this case. This movie was almost definitely made from a children's book called "The Deep Dives of Stanley Whale", but the author, illustrator and printing company are all.. well.. gone so that was a deadend. It was about a small white whale who was separated from his mother when his pod dove under an oil slick and he couldn't hold his breath anymore. He surficed and got covered in oil. Then he ended up finding his hero Moby **** in what looked like the ruins of Atlantis. I remember Stanley hated squid/octopus, but he caught one for Moby anyway because he was old and tired (and in the process he got inked)

Movie 2 - I saw this on TV one time and then it vanished. It was kind of anime like. It was about a brother and sister who were raised by wolves. Something was after them, but I don't remember what. Eventually the wolves were killed and the boy and girl (now older) turned into wolves themselves.

Movie 3 -- OK here's the weird one! Memory is shakey but I used to rent it every week as a kid (90-92). It started with a boy in a greenhouse. He talked to his plants and played music for them on a violen or a flute (?) A fairy type being came and befriended him and took him into some kind of fantasy world (or to meet other fairies) The movie was filled with classical music. At one point they were "flying" through a vortex type thing with music notes or flowers circling all around. I think it was "dance of the Sugarplum Fairies" that was playing but don't quote me on that. I also THINK at some point she changed sizes. Either she was small and made herself big to get his attention (she may have loved him) Or something like that. But he was clueless.

So.. anyone? :o please? Lol
    Moonbay Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2006, 09:40 PM
    I just went to a website that might help me figure out the name of that cartoon with the whale. If I get the name of the cartoon I'll let you know.
    stellar_kar Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Nov 12, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Malta
    For the last couple years I've been on a quest to find all the movies i used to love as a kid. But i'm down to 3 that seem impossible!! Maybe one of you can help me! :D

Movie 1 - I recently had a tiny break in this case. This movie was almost definately made from a children's book called "The Deep Dives of Stanley Whale", but the author, illustrator and printing company are all..well..gone so that was a deadend. It was about a small white whale who was seperated from his mother when his pod dove under an oil slick and he couldn't hold his breath anymore. He surficed and got covered in oil. Then he ended up finding his hero Moby **** in what looked like the ruins of Atlantis. I remember Stanley hated squid/octopus, but he caught one for Moby anyway because he was old and tired (and in the process he got inked)

Movie 2 - I saw this on TV one time and then it vanished. It was kind of anime like. It was about a brother and sister who were raised by wolves. Something was after them, but i don't remember what. Eventually the wolves were killed and the boy and girl (now older) turned into wolves themselves.

Movie 3 -- OK here's the weird one!! Memory is shakey but i used to rent it every week as a kid (90-92). It started with a boy in a greenhouse. He talked to his plants and played music for them on a violen or a flute (?) A fairy type being came and befriended him and took him into some kind of fantasy world (or to meet other fairies) The movie was filled with classical music. At one point they were "flying" through a vortex type thing with music notes or flowers circling all around. I think it was "dance of the Sugarplum Fairies" that was playing but don't quote me on that. I also THINK at some point she changed sizes. Either she was small and made herself big to get his attention (she may have loved him) Or something like that. But he was clueless.

So..anyone?? :o please?? lol
    I think the whale movie is called "sam and sally" doesn't he meet a girl whale who is black or darker? I'll look for the actual name and let you know.

Nov 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
    For the last couple years I've been on a quest to find all the movies i used to love as a kid. But i'm down to 3 that seem impossible!! Maybe one of you can help me! :D

Movie 1 - I recently had a tiny break in this case. This movie was almost definately made from a children's book called "The Deep Dives of Stanley Whale", but the author, illustrator and printing company are all..well..gone so that was a deadend. It was about a small white whale who was seperated from his mother when his pod dove under an oil slick and he couldn't hold his breath anymore. He surficed and got covered in oil. Then he ended up finding his hero Moby **** in what looked like the ruins of Atlantis. I remember Stanley hated squid/octopus, but he caught one for Moby anyway because he was old and tired (and in the process he got inked)

Movie 2 - I saw this on TV one time and then it vanished. It was kind of anime like. It was about a brother and sister who were raised by wolves. Something was after them, but i don't remember what. Eventually the wolves were killed and the boy and girl (now older) turned into wolves themselves.

Movie 3 -- OK here's the weird one!! Memory is shakey but i used to rent it every week as a kid (90-92). It started with a boy in a greenhouse. He talked to his plants and played music for them on a violen or a flute (?) A fairy type being came and befriended him and took him into some kind of fantasy world (or to meet other fairies) The movie was filled with classical music. At one point they were "flying" through a vortex type thing with music notes or flowers circling all around. I think it was "dance of the Sugarplum Fairies" that was playing but don't quote me on that. I also THINK at some point she changed sizes. Either she was small and made herself big to get his attention (she may have loved him) Or something like that. But he was clueless.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0091889/
    I think this is it, I used to watch it too.
    Malta Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 02:08 PM
    AHH!! *dances around with Stellar* You found it! You found it! I had pretty much given up :o) Thank you! I would never have remembered it in a million years. I have no memory at all of the girl whale but that IS it. I have to go tell everyone I'm not crazy :p

2 to go!
    LittlePizzi88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2006, 12:37 PM
    I don't think Dances around with stellar is it becauase I'm looking for the movie to but if it is post a link with the movie

Dec 29, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePizzi88
    I dont think Dances around with stellar is it becauase im looking for the movie to but if it is post a link with the movie
    The name of the movie isn't Dances around with Stellar, she was referring to me, because I found the title, if you look at my post above, it contains a link with the movie.:D
    chantalp Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Mar 13, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Movie #1 is A journey through fairyland. Nice how I know that Huh? :D

Mar 13, 2007, 04:52 PM
    A journey through fairyland

Mar 13, 2007, 04:55 PM
    I made a mistake it's movie number three that is A journey through fairyland.

Mar 13, 2007, 04:59 PM
    The third movie is A journey through fairyland. You can go to the below link to find it. It is a great movie! ;)

http://www.absoluteanime.com/a_journ...land/index.jpg
    pinkknight Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Hi I was looking for one of the movies you were talking about and I have the video of the first one you were talking about. Its called Samson and Sally the song of whales. Is about 70 minuets long I hope that helps.:)
    OiGirl6688 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 04:03 PM

Ok, the 3rd movie you're talking about I know I've seen it so but I can't reemmber it clearly and I've been trying to find it myself. I found it noce on VHS in a store when I was down south and KNEW it was that movie. But I couldn't get it because I had no money. But I remembered it.
    If you can wasn'tt here a seen with the guy where he's sitting in a leave (after being shrunk by the fairy), and it was somewhat like a jandula ride through white lillies or some flowers? I think I remember that much.
    The fairy was, I tink, a blond...
    I know what movie your talking abuot and I can't rember the name either! ARG!! :confused:
    Get back w/ me if you can! :o
    -Michele *^-^*
    pinkknight Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 05:13 AM
    The first movie you want to know about is called Samson and Sally the song of the whales. Believe it or not you may still be able to find it on tape. The very last movie is called a journey through fairy land. Its very interseting and beautifully done. Just be careful what type you get there are a couple flowting out there. Make sure it is the anime version not an americanised type. I have had that bad luck before its very frustrating when you expect one thing and get another:mad: . The second one I have no idea what that movie is about?:confused: But I will keep racking my brain to see if I remember it.:rolleyes:
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 06:56 PM

#2 Epic (1985)
    ygarcia322 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Princess mononoke is movie 2
    Sweet_Chroi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Movie one is "Samson [Sampson] and Sally". I loved that movie, I used to watch it every week at my grandmothers.
    kellybonner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 09:17 PM

OMMG thank you so much for asking! I have not been able to figure out what movie #3 was for like my entire life & every time I went to a movie store or a book store I'd like look for hours! All I could remember to describe it was like a animie fantasia & now I know. So great.
    katrina117 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 09:11 PM
    If you find number 3, please please tell me. I watched that movie years ago, it sparked my love for classical music and I've been looking for it for years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Animated kids movie help [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: There's this one movie, it was kind of like The Rats of NIMH, but about these animals that have been gassed out of their homes with poison, they escape, except for a little badger girl, who gets sick, so her friends go on this adventure to get the cure. I remember this one part, where...

Animated movie [ 3 Answers ]

I;m looking for a cartoon movie it might be a short film. I can't remember the title or much about the plot. It has something to do with a boy who goes into a garden or a greenhouse and he makes friends with someone maybe a fairy. I saw the movie before 1995 and it could be made in any time before...

80's animated kids movie PLEASE HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I always used to watch this movie when I stayed home sick from school. I don't remember much, but here goes... It was animated kind of like the last unicorn, but the colors were mainly fall colors... very orange. It was set among the hills... I think on a castle or there was some sort of...

Movie titles need help [ 3 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can remember these 2 movies that I saw when I was younger than 10... Late 70's, early 80's. MOVIE #1 This movie is about an American Indian kid who is forced by his parents to spend the summer at his Grandfather's ranch. He doesn't care about his indian heritage. His...

Help Me Please! - Unknown Book Titles [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I'm looking for the title of 2 books I read as a child. One deals with a handicapped teenager who is dealing with the fact that she got her young brother killed, and plays a computer game in which she slays dragons. The other is about a group of 5 or 6 teens who are taken from...

View more questions Search