Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tajmahal Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Gsd Ears
    At what age the German Shepherd's ear get erected. My pup is almost 9 weeks now.
    Thanks.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 01:04 AM

Most dogs with prick ears have them starting to come up by around this time...
    Things like teething can delay it or even cause them to be erect and then drop again.
    Tajmahal Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Most dogs with prick ears have them starting to come up by around this time...
    Things like teething can delay it or even cause them to be erect and then drop again.
    Thanks Shazamataz, I did not understand the Prick ears means. Do I have to get them prick.
    Because he is almost nine weeks now but still the ears are complete down. His parents are pedigreed german shepherd.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 06:30 AM

Sorry that is probably not a very common term.
    By 'prick ears' I just mean 'ears that stand up' :)

If his parents both have full erect ears then the chances are pretty good. Don't be too worried, it varies from dog to dog how fast they become erect.
    Some dogs will start to have their ears standing up by 1 month old, others won't have erect ears until they are 4-5 months old.

If they aren't standing up by 6 months old you could consult your vet to see if there is an muscle damage in the ear.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ears [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boxer and lately all he dose is shake his head and itch his ears. I put drops in them But dose not help. They don't look red inside I don't know what to do. Help. Thanks

Man with no ears! [ 29 Answers ]

Sadly, Tony was born without ears, and though he proved to be Successful in business, his problem annoyed him greatly. One day he needed to hire a new manager for his company, so he set up Three interviews.

Ears, ears, ears. When will it end? [ 28 Answers ]

Okay so for those of you that don't remember... Callie started scratching her ears, A lot. She wimpered every time she would scratch them. I bought some ear solution and cleaned her ears and it did not help. I finally took her to the Vet and the Vet said he could not find any signs of earmites...

Cat ears [ 1 Answers ]

Why might my kitten has scabs all over her ears?:confused:

View more questions Search