Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jumpin2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Mother being an ex - meth user now clean
    My daughter was a meth user ; with husband buying it for her. He decided he wanted a divorce , not because of drugs, since he used drugs also, but because of "other choices." He turned her into DHS, filed for divorce, remarried and won custody. The children are constantly drilled after visits, which makes the oldest boy (11) very upset so he takes out his frustration out on the younger brother (7). He has hurt him several different times on purpose. My daughter has discussed this with the EX and also with DHS, but nothing ever came of it. My daughter has been cleaned for over a year, did a hair follicle test and passed. What are the chances of her getting her boys back. DHS will not help her, and she can not afford to get another lawyer to help with custody. What can she do?? I feel she is being completely cheated by the system.
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 10, 2009, 09:10 PM

What can she do? She can make sure that during her visits with her sons absolutely nothing happens that would cause them to feel guilty for or that they could not freely admit to and discuss openly with their father about the time spent on visits with her. Her visits with her sons should be fun and innocent. The boys should be excited to tell and share all about their visits, not feel they have to be drilled... but since they are, she can fill the visits with lots of fun things for the boys to tell. That might take some of the stress off the oldest.

If the visits are not stable and there are activities going on that should not be, the older boy may feel protective of his mother and feel he needs to intimidate the younger boy into keeping quiet since they are drilled.

I think the mother can do a lot of things on her own to help her sons handle the situation better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister is on meth, Mother refuses to believe it, even sabotages efforts. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new here, and I'm not sure how everything works, but I have a serious situation on my hands. I believe my sister is addicted to meth, and my mother refuses to believe it. Her claim is that she did meth when she was younger (She has admitted to four uses), and didn't act anything like...

Emergency custody order due to the mother of my kids doing meth [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 kids with my ex, we weren't married, she has full custody till I take it to family court. Can't afford a lawyer right now. Their mother is doing meth, I have police reports stating this, and one states that the children were there when their mother came home high on meth, she beat up her...

Son was a meth user [ 10 Answers ]

I'll try to make this as short as I can... I put my life on hold and moved back home to take care of my mother after my father died. I was in my early 50's. I'm now almost 60. I then moved in with my son because he couldn't pay his bills and wouldn't get out of bed, I took over the house, bought...

Brother not around his girlfriend and twins live with me, mother a meth addict [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: My brother has gotten himself in trouble and as always in these circumstances the family suffers with the person convicted. I have moved my Brother's girl friend and their twins into my home due to thes circumstances. The girl friend is unable to support her self or two children. The...

View more questions Search