Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skeeterstl Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Comfortmaker RPJ Heat Exchanger blower fan and ac unit
    I have a Comfortmaker RPJ model G-011 400050 - 08M -PD that when the power is turned on to the unit, the blower fan runs continuously and the outside AC unit runs continuously no matter what mode is set at the thermostat. (A/C or Heat). I just moved into the place and the thermostat looks like it was replaced. The current thermostat is a RiteTemp. When selected to Heat mode, the furnace ignites and heats, but the outside AC unit is also running.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 07:06 AM

Sounds like there may be a wire touching at the t-stat or the control board is going bad

May 10, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Thanks for the info, I checked the wiring and can't see any touching, the indoor unit could use a good cleaning though, looks like it hasn't been cleaned in quite some time. Also, I forgot to mention in the original post that when switching from Auto to On with the stat, that the motor makes a change in sound but doesn't change speeds or do anything different other than continue to run.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 07:52 AM

Turn the power off snap the t-stat off the wall then turn the power back on and see if it comes on.

May 10, 2009, 07:55 AM
    The stat doesn't pop off, I had to disconnect all wires from stat. When I did that, and turned power back on, the fan came on.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 08:35 AM

What about the outdoor unit is it running? Sounds like you may have a bad fan relay

May 10, 2009, 08:36 AM

Yes, the outside unit is running as well.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 08:38 AM

Well next it sounds like you will need to take the t-stat wire loose form the control board in the bottom door of your furnace and see if the fan and ac still ccme on.

May 10, 2009, 08:49 AM

Should I remove all three wires that go to the t-stat?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 08:50 AM

Yes, you can try that

May 10, 2009, 08:55 AM

Disconnected wires for t-stat, blower did not come on, but outdoor unit did come on.

May 10, 2009, 08:56 AM

Removed wires to t-stat, blower did not come on, but outdoor unit did come on.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 11:14 AM

Does the outdoor un it only go off when the breaker is shut off to it? Or does it go off when you turn the furnace off?

May 10, 2009, 11:20 AM

It only goes off when you shut it off at the breaker box.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 12:03 PM

OK sounds like the contactor is stuck on the ac unit. That would be why the ac does not shut off now we need to find out if the fan will shut off. Is the ac the only thing messed up right now? Or will the indoor fan still not shut off either?

May 10, 2009, 12:11 PM

Right now the ac is the only thing that will run. I have all wires from t-stat still disconnected and the fan does not come on when power is restored to the furnace.

May 10, 2009, 12:28 PM
    I will connect all wires back and connect the t-stat again and see what happens.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 04:10 PM

OK good if everything is working but the ac I can tell you how to check the contactor

May 10, 2009, 05:04 PM

Reconnected wires from t-stat back to panel on furnace unit, did not connect wires to t-stat, turned power back on to the furnace unit and blower fan comes on. Is this supposed to happen. A/C unit is still shut off at breaker box.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:26 PM

Maybe, some furnaces have a 1 min 30 sec blower on delay after statrt up. Does it go off or is it still running??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Fan on gas Comfortmaker RPG Heat Exchanger runs intermittently [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new here, and I've been reading a lot (well, 4 or 5 pages anyway) of what's already been asked, and I haven't found my specific problem... yet. This gas hot air furnace was installed circa 1987? So, Here's what's happening. (I actually timed these cycles with a second-hand.) Turn...

Rheem-heat-pump-outside-unit-humming but blower unit working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump and ac unit outside. The inside blower fan still working but the outside unit humming. Are there any quick fixes here

What causes a Comfortmaker blower malfunction? [ 1 Answers ]

Comfortmaker furnace problem. Model# NTVM125KNB2 Initially, the blower would run constantly whether in cool,heat or off mode, Auto fan or manual-blower ran 24/7. I changed the batteries in the tstat, powered the unit down at the breaker, cleaned the filter, reassembled the stat, turned on the...

Gas heat exchanger won't start on Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old. York heat pump model GFD04821G with a G9YS100C20DH11H gas heat exchanger and York T8411R1443 thermostat that has been acting up the last few days. The other day I woke up with no heat. I looks like the installer set this system up so it uses the resistive heat coils for...

View more questions Search