Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LaurenMurphy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 09:09 PM
    How do I take an idea and make it into a product
    I have an idea that I would like to invent but am unsure of the process? I need to have someone design the product from my description. So my question is, who would I contact to design the product and do they do a draft or a prototype sample? Who do I contact to manufacture the product and will they want a sample of the product, a draft with measurements and materials or can I just give them an illustration and they can manufacture the product from that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2009, 09:24 PM

Go to your local public library and ask a reference librarian these questions. He/she will take you to the Manufacturer's Directory (print or online) or some similar reference tool. You will be able to find a few manufacturers (maybe even in your area) whom you can contact for details on what to do next to make a prototype of your product that you can use to attract interest (check the library again for this).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I invented new idea but can't afford to manufacture the sample product. [ 11 Answers ]

I have contacted Davidson with my new idea which saves lots of time and energy. My new idea was pretty simple but really helpful for everyone to use in every day bases. Davidson (Davison - turning ideas, inventions, and patents into products.) did the necessary research about the idea and created...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

How do you make money on an idea? [ 6 Answers ]

I have had this idea for a house in my head for years. I can't ever afford a house but I would love to see it actually built someday. I wanted to know where the best place to have it drawn up and that I could maybe make some money (like a commission or whatever) on it if people choose to have it...

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

View more questions Search