Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Windows opens each window in minimized condition
    Using Windows XP Home w/ SP3. When I open a new window, it always comes up in the minimized state. Didn't used to be that way. Evidently, I have done something to make it do this. How do I make it so a window is opened in the size that I closed it in? Like if I closed it in the maximizes size, it will open in that size the next time I open that same window.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2009, 01:09 PM

Are we talking about Windows Explorer windows -- the type that come up when you double-click on "My Computer" or are we talking about a window from some program?

If you open a Windows Explorer window, maximize it, and then close it (and all the other Windows Explorer windows on your computer), the next time you double-click on "My Computer", the window should come up maximized.

You can also try this. On an open window, click "Tools | Folder Options" Then select the "View" tab and click the button labeled "Reset All Folders". That should put it back in a virgin state.

Try these tricks and post back, if necessary.
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2009, 01:22 PM

I was talking about when I opened something like My Computer, it would always come up in a minimized state, no matter what state I had come out of it in the last time. I could maximize it and then go out and go back in it immediately and it would be in the minimized state. I got it to work again, but I am not quite sure just what I did. Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

IE opens from shortcuts as minimized [ 4 Answers ]

I know this is just an annoying problem... but it bugs me! I have saved a few websites as shortcuts to go straight to them without having to open IE and then go to favorites. But no matter how I save them, they always open minimized (or not really, but "tiled" or "medium sized") but I want them...

Open in new window while in windows explorer [ 7 Answers ]

While in windows explorer, highlight a folder, open in a new window?

Close all child windows through parent window [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: here i will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and i am using 70...

Is my window ac is going to work in this condition? [ 4 Answers ]

I live on the fifth floor of an apartment.I want to install a window ac(0.8 ton) in my bedroom(11"x10") .For installation of an AC,our builder has provided an opening in the wall.My problem is that ,the guy leaving next to me (on fifth floor) has installed AC and exhaust of his AC directly faces to...

Windows Explorer Window Size [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Forum, After a fresh installation of Windows 98SE, when I open a WINDOWS Explorer window, it would be about 8 1/2 inches tall and About 12 1/2 inches wide on my 17 inch monitor. However, when I open any more windows, THEY come out to about

View more questions Search