Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2009, 12:44 PM
    P0171 OBD2 code Lean Bank 1
    This concerns a 1998 Bonneville with 86000 actual miles on car. Engine blew a head gasket and caoused a hydraulic Block on the cylinders. It was decided that We should replace the engine with a OEM GM complete motor including a new intake manifold. Car runs and sounds like a dream and idles smoothly. We now have about 200 miles on the engine and are getting an Engine check light (solid) and after checking, we find a P0171 Code (engine lean bank 1) Mechanic replaced both of the Oxygen sensors, before and after the catalytic converter. Ran car for 20 miles and the light came back on. Funny thing is, that the light comes on at the same place each time. Kind of going down a canyon, backing off the accelerator at times and braking to go around curves. Looking for suggestions.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 02:04 PM

. Check for vacuum leaks (hoses, manifold, PCV Valve). See if spraying WD-40 or water helps you locate the leak.

. Clean the MAF Sensor with CRC MAF Sensor Cleaner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Repair diagnosis for trouble code P0171 for 2000 Lexus, RX300 [ 15 Answers ]

I just replaced O2 sensor and now check engine light came back on after driving 30 miles. I took to local Aotozone store and they identified as trouble code P0171. Any recommendations for diy repair, what part may be gone bad which sends computer this error code? I am willing to take challenge to...

Sys too lean (bank 1 & 2) what does this mean [ 1 Answers ]

03 ford expedition, diagnostic code shows; sys too lean (bank 1) and (bank 2). What does this mean and how do I fix it?

OBD2 auto scanner socket Location [ 1 Answers ]

On a 2003 Toyota Echo. I wonder where the OBd2 socket is. For scanning Codes. I have looked under the dashboard on the drivers side. But I don't see The socket for the scanner to plug into?

OBD2 errror code P0133 [ 2 Answers ]

Troubleshooting reading on OBD2 P0133 code in my honda civic 1998 ex

When I'm 100, if I lean a little, let me! [ 1 Answers ]

The family wheeled Grandma out on the lawn, in her wheelchair, where the activities for her 100th birthday were taking place. Grandma couldn't speak very well, but she could write notes when she needed to communicate. After a short time out on the lawn, Grandma started leaning off to the...

View more questions Search