Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 9, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Have you guys heard of watersense?
    Just got done with my mandatory yearly cec(continueing education course for licensed plumbers). We are still under o6 code, but will be adopting 09 code by the end of this year. There are a few changes in drain pipe sizes in the new code, which the instructor covered. Keep in mind that I'm under upc, so this may not relate to all. Laundry sinks will now require two inch drains. But there is no change in washing machine drains. Still only require two inch drain under this code(thank god).

Just thought id add a little fuel to the fire. Lol.

Now here's a question. Have any of you heard about watersense? Sounds like they are trying to make toilets mandatory 1.3 or less gpf. As if 1.6 wasn't bad enough. I truly hope this doesn't happen. But beware that it is a very serious possability. Please let me know if you have heard of this movement, and what you think about it. All I can say is, if this happens, we best get our sewer augers serviced and ready for action. Im betting roto rooter would be tickled pink by this action.lol.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 9, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Better get used to it Lee,
    Looks like Water Sense,(see logo) is the coming thing(see image). They say at 1.28 gallons per flush it will use 20% less then the 1.6 toilets.
    Who can ever forget that old familiar complaint of the 90's." Please tell me how I'm saving water if I have to flush three times to empty the bowl after a bowel movement?"
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Regards, Tom Ps: I plan on keeping my old thrones. They still flush great.
    Attached Images

mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 10, 2009, 03:36 PM

Yep them are the ones. Ive found that some of the 1.6 gpm flush actually quite well, and I am interested to see how well the watersense toilets flush. But I'm more concerned about the amount of water than the actuall flush. I just don't know that (even if it flushes out of the toilet) its enough water to carry the solids out of the house with older plumbing(cast iron.) Or even with current plumbing, the scouring acton is going to be almost obsolete with such low volume of water. I just have some concerns, but I realize I will have to get used to it, as all of us plumbers and related fields people will.

One note. An admistration building in ours state(not in my area) had all water sense toilets and faucet aerators installed to try conserving water. The ad building never had a maintenance man. They would just call a plumber when they had a problem. Since the install of the water sense toilets, they have hired a full time maintenance man, due to constant drainage issues( overflowing toilets and main sewer blockages). They may be in fact saving water, but not saving money by any means.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 6 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html Stop by and take a look! http://www.computerremediesonline.com

Ever heard of these guys?. Windows XP Pro $39.95! [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever heard of these guys and if so, are they legit? http://www.oemprospect.biz/index.html

View more questions Search